1.9 - The Showdown

"So do you think he'll show?" Hanna said as she grinned at Aria and looked over both of her shoulders, trying to spot Stefan in the crowded Grill

Aria nudged Hanna, "Hanna! Will you stop looking! You're being so obvious." Aria rolled her eyes as she slumped her shoulders slightly. She couldn't believe that she had asked Stefan to hang out with her and her friends.

"Oh stop it Aria. You almost never have crushes on anyone. So this is big," Hanna smirked as she took another sip from her soda that was sitting on the table, "I've never see you look at anyone like how you looked at Stefan today at the coffee place."

Aria rolled her eyes, "Oh, speaking of crushes, here comes Damon," she replied, pointing at her brother as he walked smoothly through the crowds of people and headed straight towards Hanna.

Hanna stiffened, her hands began to clench the can of soda that she had been holding, it was the first time that she was seeing Damon since their little meeting in the shower earlier that day.

As Damon approached their table, he smirked a little bit at Hanna, "Hey sis," he said, he looked right towards Hanna and nudged himself a seat right next to her, "Hey Hanna."

Hanna pursed her lips and attempted to smile, "Hey Damon," she replied, slowly moving herself away from him.

Aria gave a puzzled look to both of them, "Wow. That's the least amount of words I've ever heard come out of each of you."

Damon smiled, "Yeah Han, what's up? I thought you would be happy to see me, you know, with clothes-"

Aria's eyes widened as she looked towards Hannah, "Um, what...?"

Hanna glared directly at Damon, kicking him forcefully underneath the table, "Nothing, Aria. You're brother's just being his normal, stupid self tonight," Hanna replied as she looked back at her friend with a nervous grin.

Aria made an "O" face with her mouth, "Okay, um... I'm gonna get something else to drink. You guys are acting weird."

Relieved to get out of that awkward situation, Aria made her way to the bar, bumping into a familiar face along the way.

"Hey Aria," Stefan said, "I was just coming to find you."

Aria looked up at his gorgeous brown eyes, "Hey! ... I'm glad you could make it!"

Stefan smiled back down at Aria, "Thanks for inviting me."

Suddenly, Aria forgot about the Damon-Hanna drama and took Stefan by the arm, "Come on, I'll introduce you to some of my friends!" Stefan followed her, putting his hand behind her back.

As Aria walked back to the table, Damon and Hanna were (thank goodness!)  joined by Emily, Tyler and Matt, who were all still teasing Tyler for Matt's  embarrassing prank on him.

"Hey guys!" Aria said cheerfully, "I'd like you to meet Stefan, he just moved here!"

Everyone smiled at Stefan and Aria, except Damon who's face had dropped from its previous contemptuous grin and now had changed into a stone-cold, serious expression.