The magic never ends

What happened to the magic of Christmas? When we were kids and it was all amazing? All November we would wait impatiently as the days went by, getting a taste of magic on Thanksgiving. Sure our bellies were full, but the craving for magic and splendor would come about us.

Ash ketchum was eight when he stopped believing. It wasn't because of popular belief. It wasn't because his parents told him. However, it did have to do with his parents. His parents were never home for Christmas. So in the morning he would find one or two presents under a tree from his grandparents.

At eight he realized if Santa was real he would get tons of presents like all his friends did. It has been eight years since ash stopped believing. Its Christmas Eve and we join him now.

Ash sat outside of the local shopping mall as snow started to fall.
Christmas shoppers are nuts. Why don't they buy the presents before the big rush? Do they really think they will find anything in stock? Ash was wondering why he even questioned the last minute shopper's reasons. He did it every year, it didn't exactly amuse him, and it was just away to pass time.

By now your probably thinking, ash is a very boring fellow? Right

He's one of those guys that you can say "All he does is play World of Warcraft... what a friggen lowlife." Sorry ash doesn't play World of Warcraft. He has plenty of friends and isn't exactly unpopular. Christmas is just a real downer for him. It would be for you too, if your parents weren't home for Christmas.

"Oh what's this?" A girl's voice said, ash looked up and met a pair of astonishing blue eyes. "Getting ready to mug a last minute shopper?" The girl asked laughing in a strange high pitched way.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ash asked raising one of his eyebrows.

he examined the strange girl. She looked like a normal girl his age. Scratch that, she had the face of an ordinary girl. But her outfit was not fit for the weather: a normal white sweatshirt and a pleated red skirt, her normal attributes was her hair, eyes and face. Ash couldn't decide whether the red bow in her hair was normal. Even though he was contemplating how the heck she wasn't frozen since it was snowing outside, he found the girl awkwardly cute.

"You look like your ready to mug an un-expecting shopper!" The girl said excitedly. She pulled ash up and pushed him into the crowd of shoppers, "Go on I will cheer for you."

Ash realized this girl wasn't exactly insane as he walked out of the crowd or surprised people. He walked passed the girl who turned around and followed him. "What do you want?" Ash groaned.

"You're unhappy!" The girl stammered walking behind him.

"Yeah? So?" Ash asked.

"It's Christmas Eve! Everyone is supposed to be happy!" The girl told him.

"Easy for you to say." Ash sighed "Leave me alone."

"Now that's not nice." The girl told him, "My name is Serena! And it is my wish for people to be happy on Christmas!"

"Is that why you wear a skirt when it's dead freezing outside?" Ash asked and took Serena a second to get it. When she finally understood what he was implying she went red and slapped ash across the face.

"You dirty Pervert!" Serena yelled.

"I was just saying." Ash said, "You could make some old perverted geezer happy." Ash laughed, but got slapped again.

"I just wanted to make you enjoy Christmas!" She stammered.

"Try me, give it your best shot... um... what was your name?" Ash asked.