All I want is love: part 1

Serena stared out the window in her office, watching the falling snowflakes. It was only the beginning of December, but the lumiose streets were already coated with white, glistening snow. Serena smiled, thinking about how much she enjoyed the city in the wintertime.

All at once, her thoughts were interrupted by laughter coming from the hall.

There goes Dawnie again, she thought.

Sure enough, when Serena looked out her door and into the hall, she saw dawn and Lucas. The two had been together for several months now, and Serena could never seem to avoid seeing them with their arms around each other, laughing or sharing a kiss.

Serena was happy for her co-worker, but every time she saw them it reminded her that she didn't have a special someone in her life.

At that moment, Dawn drifted into Serena's office. She was a bit short and a blue haired woman with a dazzling smile, and she seemed to light up whatever room she came into. As she walked up to Serena, she held out her left hand. On her finger was a sparkling diamond ring.

"Serena darling! I have to tell you the news! Lucas and I are engaged!" she exclaimed. "He proposed to me last night."

"That's wonderful!" Serena replied, trying to match Dawn enthusiasm. "Congratulations."

"Thank you! I feel like I'm floating right now," she gushed. "He proposed at the perfect time too, just at the start of the Christmas season."

Serena smiled. "You're a very lucky woman. I wish you two the best."

Dawn smiled back. "Thanks darling. Now, I have to get back to work. Have a fabulous day!" Then she turned and left the room.

Serena turned back to the window. Dawn is so lucky, she thought. I would love for someone to propose to me during the Christmas season.

She sighed. She didn't want to be resentful of dawn, but she couldn't help it.

Serena had finished her work for the day, she put on her coat and gathered her belongings. She tucked her long, honey-blond hair into a hat just before she walked out into the cold. As she strolled down the street, light snowflakes began to fall. On her way home, Serena saw several couples walking hand in hand. She averted her eyes and quickened her pace. Seeing couples made her feel sad,
wishing that she had someone by her side.

At last Serena made her way home, and she flopped down on the couch. She turned on the TV and finally settled on a rerun of one of her favorite shows. 'The Ellen show'

After a while, some commercials came on, and one was showing a couple. They were standing in a living room full of Christmas decorations, and the man was giving a smiling woman a diamond bracelet. The woman threw her arms around the man, and they kissed. Serena sighed and stared at the floor. I would give anything to be the woman in that commercial, she thought as a tear rolled down her face.

If only I had somebody here with me at Christmas time. So She turned off the TV and crawled into her bed, hugging her pillow close to her.

From where she was laying, she could see the night sky out her window. She closed her eyes and lay still. "All I want for Christmas is love," she whispered in the darkness. "That's my only wish this year."

The next morning, Serena got ready for work and began the walk to her building. The wind was blowing and icy snowflakes stung Serena's cheeks. Another gust of wind blew, and before she knew what had happened, her feet flew out from under her and she landed hard on the ground, her hat slipping down over her eyes. Before she could move, she felt someone grab her arm and gently pull her up.