Chapter 36

Mia, Derek, Damien, and Braeden all stood in Derek's loft standing around a table with firearms and bullets on it. "I still don't like relying on these things." Derek muttered as he stared at all the firearms.

"I get it. You miss your power. I would, too." Mia said standing beside him. It took a lot of convincing for him to let her come with them. As long as she stood away from all the danger then it was okay. She wouldn't have be going unless it wasn't an emergency but, her brother was in danger. And not only that but that uncomfortable put in her stomach was still there. It worried her that something bad could happen and she just hoped she was wrong.

Derek shook his head. "It's not about power, it's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless."

"I'm human. Do I look helpless?" She asked picking up the handgun.

He gave her a pointed look, "You're a much better shot than me."

Mia stared at her fiance for a moment and could see the struggle in his eyes as he eyed the guns on the table. She bit her lip. "You promise we're going to be okay right?" She asked quietly.

Derek glanced away from the guns and his eyes flickered to the big brown doe eyes that he loved. He could see the vulnerability in them. He knew that she was referring to him coming back alive to both her and their unborn son. He stepped in front of her and cupped her cheeks as he stared into her brown eyes. "I promise." He said before kissing her softly. He felt like he was giving her an empty promise but, he knew that she needed to at least hear it. They pulled away and he looked at the guns. "I don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one Berserker."

"Not even close." Peter said coming down the stairs. The group of four looked at the older man. "Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human."

"Well, the one person we know with that kind of experience is Argent. And he's not getting back to me." Damien said after looking at his phone to see if Argent called him back.

"Well, then you're going to need help. Like Malia, maybe Liam. Definitely me." The older Hale stated.

Mia's phone vibrated and she checked it to see a message from Stiles. She looked over at Braeden. "Hey, do you have access to a prison transport van. Apparently, Stiles needs one." She muttered.

Braeden blinked a few times and nodded slowly. "Yeah. I can get one."

☾☾☾☾

Mia and Derek got out of her car while Damien and Braeden got out of the van. Peter drove his own car. Stiles, Liam, and Malia were standing there waiting for them by the jeep.

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked curiously.

Braeden blinked, "I'm a U. S. Marshal."

The teenager furrowed his brows. "Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover."

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked looking over at Liam. He now realized that the van was probably meant for the younger wolf.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles retorted back when he caught sight of Peter.

Peter stepped up. "We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

"What's that mean?" Malia asked her father, crossing her arms over her chest.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"