Chapter 5*

7 Years Later

A 24-year old young woman made her way into Beacon Hills Hospital. She confidently walked up to the receptionists desk, where the nurse was working. She looked up to see a beautiful brunette with soft brown eyes looking at her. "How can I help you?" The nurse asked.

The woman smiled at her. "My name is Mia McCall and I'm the new doctor working here."

The older woman's eyes lit up at the name. "Okay let me call Dr.Hilliard to speak with you." The nurse said, Mia nodded and looked around, not knowing if coming back was for the best.

But, after the call she had received from her mentor, she didn't really have much of a choice.

Flashback

Mia was walking towards her car after leaving work, when her phone went off. She pulled out her phone and saw the number, pressing the talk button. "Hello, did something happen?"She asked, concern in her tone as she stopped by her car. It only ever seemed to be bad news whenever they called.

"Yes, I think you should come back to Beacon Hills. He's going to need you."The person said in a caring tone.

She sighed softly, "I don't think-"

"You don't understand, they're back. And he's going to need all the help he can get." She froze in her spot, not believing that it was happening so soon and she would have to be there to guide a familiar face.

Mia bit her lip nervously as she responded. "Okay, I'll be there soon, Deaton."

End of Flashback

Mia was tapped on the shoulder gently, removing her from her small flashback. "You must be Mia." She turned around to see a woman about her mother's age, smiling at her which she returned.

"Yes. You must be Dr. Hilliard." Mia said, handing over her information to the doctor. "This is everything you need to know about me."

Dr. Hilliard hummed softly as she read over the information on Mia, once she finished she looked at the young brunette with a friendly grin. "Wow. You must be a fine doctor from what all these reviews say. When do you think you can start?"

"Anytime is fine." Mia smiled at the grinning doctor. Soon afterwards, Mia was given her doctor lab coat to wear and began settling in. Everyone was very welcoming which was enough to soothe her nerves.

Some few hours later, Mia finished attending an elderly woman with high blood pressure. She was glad she hadn't run into her mother since she had arrived. She didn't tell anyone she was coming back and was just going about it as it went.

If she did see her mother which she didn't doubt she would, she would have no choice but tell her why she was back. No doubt her mother would yell at her for not telling her she was coming back and not keeping in touch.

It wasn't really a conversation she looking forward to.

Deaton had been keeping her informed on who knew about the supernatural and who didn't. It seemed that Scott had outed himself to their mother when they were up against the Kanima and the hunters. She would have come back the moment Scott got bitten, but Deaton told her it wasn't time yet, and she trusted him enough to know when was it right.

He was her mentor after all and she trusted his judgement.

Mia was walking down the hall only to come to an abrupt stop the second she saw her mother who seemed to be frantic about whoever was being brought in. She quickly hid, but was still able to hear the conversation taking place.