Chapter 34

The following night after Mia crying in Derek's arms, was the Beacon Hills High School bonfire. During the time that the bonfire was going, the assassins decided to act and used the vibrations from the music to take out Scott, Malia, and Liam. It was only because Braedan and Damien―who had been attacked by assassins themselves― that they managed to save the tree in time before they could be set on fire. It was also during that time that Lydia and Stiles decided to visit Eichen House to get more information they needed and were almost killed by Brunski but, Parrish made it in time to save them.

But, it seemed that Stiles had gotten hurt during his visit to Eichen House and it was for that reason that he was currently sitting in front of Mia who was examining him. "I'm completely and totally fine."

Mia scoffed and gave him a sarcastic smile. "Yeah, right. You completely and totally have a concussion, Stiles." She said and shook her head. "Lie back down. I'm the doctor and I say you're not leaving without a CT scan."

"We still haven't paid for the last one." He muttered in shame and tried to get passed her.

Her face faltered knowing that Stiles and his father were also having money problems. Which was why she decided to pay off his dad's recent bill from getting shot last night that they failed to inform her of. She also paid off his CT scan that he mentioned but, she decided not to say anything since his father would get a notice that it was paid off. "Oh, no, no, no." She stopped him and gave him a scolding look.

"Meredith is at the station." He pointed out. Apparently, Meredith was alive and was the benefactor much to everyone's shock.

She sighed. "Your dad said it could take some time but, he will get her to talk. Even if I let you go, what would you do?" The brunette asked.

He bit the inside of cheek not able to come up with anything. He sighed. "Okay, fine." He saw her smile before walking to the door. "Can you do me one little favor?"

She paused in the doorway and gave him a suspicious look. "It isn't anything illegal, right?"

He looked offended that she would even suggest that but then he thought back on his track record and could see why she would assume so. "No. It's not like that."

"Okay. Then I guess, anything." She said giving him a small smile.

Stiles blinked rapidly, "Can you get me a tape player?"

Her brows furrowed in thought. "Like cassettes?"

He nodded after a moment of thought. "Yes. Tapes."

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do." She said taking a step out the door.

"Okay, tapes, though, please." He called out.

She stuck her head back in the doorway and gave him a deadpan expression. "Cassettes." Before walking back out to find a cassette player. She blinked in surprise when she saw Malia look like a lost puppy in the lobby. "Malia? Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for Stiles." The werecoyote said.

"Alright." Mia muttered after the younger girl didn't say anything else. "Well...I can take you to him. Just follow me." She led the werecoyote to the room.

Stiles looked up at the doorway to see Mia. "You find a tape player?"

Mia shook her head. "No. But I found someone looking for you." She said and pushed Malia gently into the room before locking the door from the outside.

She was aware that Stiles and Malia had taken a break since he lied to the girl about her family. In a way she can understand Malia feeling betrayed especially since the others failed to inform her that Derek broke the third list. But, she also knew that Stiles knew he was in the wrong and needed a chance to fix things with Malia. So, she did the only logical thing and locked them in a room together.