Chapter 28

They could feel the blood pumping through their veins as they ran as fast they could to reach the screams that belonged to their mother. Once they got there, Scott immediately launched himself at Sean who was trying to sink his razor sharp teeth into their mother and threw the young Wendigo away from her. Mia didn't hesitate rushing to her mother while Scott fought Sean.

The brunette dropped to her knees beside her mother, her brown eyes filled with concern. "Mom, are you okay? He didn't bite you right?" She rushed out checking her mother when she saw blood.

Melissa shook her head and the two glanced over when Scott was thrown against the wall leaving Sean to run away. "I'm okay. I'm all right." Melissa reassured both her children who were staring at her in concern. .

Scott gave his mother a once over still with his features present. "Are you sure?"

"Go get that son of a bitch." She said looking at Scott while her daughter helped steady her. Scott nodded and then took off after Sean leaving both McCall woman.

"Come on we should get you get you cleaned up." Mia said to her mother putting an arm around her in comfort.

"Okay." The older woman agreed quietly, allowing her daughter to guide her to her office.

While Melissa changed, Mia pulled out her phone to call Derek. Scott texted her that Sean was killed by some guy with no mouth. She didn't really understand what he meant by that. He also told her that he called Stiles so he could tell his father about what happened. So, now she was in charge of calling Derek so he could do his own investigating. She was also a little put off that Scott left the hospital without coming to check on their mother and that he seemed to be in a rush to get home for some reason. She decided to let it go for now.

She felt guilty for not knowing that Sean was in the hospital especially after finding out that the Walcott's were Wendigos. She had believed that the whole family was murdered, she didn't know that there was a survivor. If she had then she would have had Sean taken somewhere he couldn't hurt anybody. But, now the young teen was dead and there wasn't anything she could do about it.

☾☾☾☾

"Hey, let's get everyone off the roof. And see if you can stall the ME for five minutes. I've got an expert of my own coming to take a look." John muttered quietly to Jordan as the other deputies took pictures of the crime scene and evidence.

Jordan furrowed his brows. "You have an expert on teenage cannibals?"

The Sheriff sighed at the question. "Five minutes, Parrish."

The young deputy reluctantly nodded. "Hey." He called out to the other deputies and waved his hand over for them to follow. He led them away from the roof.

John sighed watching the others leave and turned around. He jumped slightly seeing Derek standing over by Sean's body. "Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this." He said and approached the older werewolf. "Scott said he caught himself a wendigo."

"Cannibalistic shape-shifters." Derek explained staring at the body on the ground. "But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well-hidden." He remembered what Mia told him over the phone. He was a bit surprised that she had been at the house where the family was murdered but, when she told him that it Damien who took her, he quickly became annoyed with the kitsune. Especially when she told him about the bodies they found in the basement of the home. He switched his gaze to the ledge of the roof when he caught scent of blood. "How many people did Scott say were up here?"

"Just Sean and the axe-murderer who apparently has no mouth." John muttered still trying to wrap his head around that part. "You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"