Chapter 7

It was around 10 o'clock at night, Derek was surprised by exactly where Mia's place was. It just so happened to be the loft above his own, so it only took him a couple of minutes to get there after leaving his sister Cora to sleep at his place.

Yes, his sister Cora was apparently alive which was another shock for him. Although, Erica one of his beta's really was dead much to his dismay. They had been able to capture both Cora and Boyd the night before and he felt well enough to come talk to her.

So here Derek stood in front of Mia's door, nervously trying to move his fist to knock on the door. He took a deep breath before he raised his fist to knock and just before he hit the door, it opened. He stood there awkwardly staring at a man about his age who just looked at him in surprise.

 He stood there awkwardly staring at a man about his age who just looked at him in surprise

Derek put his fist down as he cleared his throat. "Is Mia here?" He asked bluntly, as he stealthily observed the man in front of him.

The man raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah."

"...."

"So?" The man stood there staring at Derek with narrowed eyes, not knowing who he was but seemed oddly familiar.

Derek clenched his jaw. "Can you please get her." He gritted his teeth, the man just scoffed at him.

Derek couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy run through him when he saw this guy in Mia's loft. Sure, they hadn't seen each other in 7 years but, that didn't mean it didn't bother him to see her with some other guy. He hadn't been with anyone else after Mia, she was it for him and to see this strange guy here at her place at night it hurt.

"Mia! There's a werewolf at the door for you!" He yelled, Derek eyes widen a fraction before narrowing them at the mysterious man in Mia's loft.

Mia appeared at the doorway in normal clothing, she had switched out of her scrubs after work. She flicked the man's head who muttered an ow and she gave Derek a small smile. "Hi, Derek."

He gave her a small smile as well. "Hi, Mia." His smile dropped when he looked back at the man standing next to Mia, who was now gaping at him.

"Wait Derek as in Derek Hale? The one from high school?" He asked, looking back and forth between Mia and Derek.