Chapter 10

Mia was walking into the hospital after being stuck in traffic, trying to get to the hospital. She was at the entrance when she saw Ethan holding up a struggling Danny. "Someone Someone help me! Oh, I need help!" She rushed up to him, passing her mother. It was her day off and got a call saying they needed her at the hospital asap.

The young doctor had them seat Danny. "Okay, gentle, gentle, gentle!" She started to check his breathing and his heartbeat ignoring her brother threatening the twin alpha. "This is not good. His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax." She told them. Suddenly Danny sat up and threw up on the floor shocking all three of them. "Mistletoe." She muttered. "I need a gurney over here. Now!" Mia yelled at two of the male nurses standing near her.

Scott and Ethan both followed behind her as she went with male nurse who had set Danny on the gurney as they rolled him into one of the rooms. "Can you two please go back to the waiting room?"

"Where are the nurses and the doctors? Where is everyone?"Ethan questioned her as he looked down at Danny worriedly.

She sighed feeling a bit offended since she was a doctor but than again she wasn't exactly dressed the part. She was wearing skinny jeans and a sweater since she had been with Damian who wanted to hang out with her. "It's a full house tonight. They're tending to other patients."

"Okay, well, Mia, how can we help?" Scott asked.

She shook her head. "Scott, you can't. His lung is collapsed. His heart is being pushed against his chest cavity, so-"

"He's gonna die, isn't he?"

"No. No, he's not." She muttered and looked at her brother with a serious expression. "Scott, you grab the tape." She looked over at Ethan. "You grab those scissors and cut his shirt open."

"Okay."

"Mia, he's not breathing." Scott said as Danny was looking pale.

She took out a syringe. "I know, I know." She started to feel his upper chest area with two fingers as she held the syringe steadily and stuck it in. "Okay, here we go." She let out a breath of relief when he opened his eyes.

"Thank you." He said softly.

"No problem." She smiled gently at the younger boy. She looked up to see both Ethan and Scott looking at her in awe. "What?"

"That was awesome." Scott said amazed by his sister who he had always looked up to. Ethan silently agreed with him before his focus went back to Danny.

Mia was a bit flustered by the compliment and waved him off. "It was no problem, you know? I mean, it wasn't a big deal." Scott and Ethan left soon afterward.

Later that night, both Mia and her mom were asked questions about Dr. Hilliard who had disappeared. She knew it had something to do with the sacrifices. Healers. There was a chance she was next, but she couldn't be too certain about it until the darach came for her.

☾☾☾☾

The alarm in Derek's loft went off as he laid on his bed reading a book. He got up quickly and shut it off. "What does it mean?"Cora asked her brother referring to the symbol painted on the windows.

"It means they're coming Tonight." Derek said as he looked at the symbol.

Mia sat up quickly when she felt something nudge her. She groaned softly at the harsh light coming in through the windows. "Mia. Wake up." She heard her mother's voice which confused her. She opened her eyes and saw her mother looking at her. "When did you get here?" Melissa whispered.