Chapter 27

Peter narrowed his eyes at the mercenary in front of him and his nephew as she put her feet on the table that was in between them. "That table's Italian."

"So are these boots." Braedan retorted crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned back comfortably in the chair. She raised a brow at the older man with blue eyes. "Are we going to talk interior designing fashion or are we going to talk numbers?"

Peter's jaw tightened in annoyance as he wrote down a number on a piece of paper and passed it to Braeden who uncrossed her arms and looked at the number he wrote. She crossed out the number and raised the price higher and passed it back. Peter felt his eye twitched at the amount of zero's she wrote. "We're hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the President."

She gave him blank look and sighed. "I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. You're hiring me to find her first. Going against the Calaveras is what's going to cost you." She explained simply as she was trying to remember why she had agreed to meet them in the first place. Oh that's right it was because Mia called her and being the good friend she is she agreed to talk to the Hales.

Derek cut into the conversation feeling annoyed with their banter. He was still trying to figure out how his girlfriend was friends with a mercenary. 

Speaking of Mia, he noticed that ever since he got back she had been acting off. She was definitely hiding something from him and he felt slightly hurt that she wasn't telling him. But, then again he hadn't told her that his eyes were no longer glowing blue. He didn't want to worry her but, despite that he wanted to know what she was keeping from him. "We'll pay. Just find Kate, that's all we want."

At his statement Braeden gave Peter a smug look.

"Are you insane?" Peter snapped as soon as Braeden was out the door and glared at his nephew in annoyance.

"We don't have a choice. We spent a week looking for her and came up with nothing." Derek replied simply. He was desperate to find Kate because he needed answers. He needed to know what she did to him.

"If we don't find out, who told Kate about the vault, we don't get those bonds back!" Peter snapped as he began making his way towards his nephew who had his back to him. "What do you think I'm gonna do then, huh? Get a job? My resume is slightly out of date. We got robbed, Derek. Robbed!" He yelled as he grabbed Derek's shoulder. His nephew roared at him flashing his bright yellow eyes that he remembered being blue. "Oh, that's a new look for you. What happened to your eyes?" Peter asked him curiously.

Derek clenched his jaw "I don't know. But I'm willing to pay to find out."

☾☾☾☾

"I can't believe you're making me go to a place where a family just got murdered." Mia grumbled in the passenger seat while Damien drove them. She had about an hour until she needed to go to work. "We're supposed to be going to the cafe."

"It'll be quick I promise." Damien said as he gave her a quick glance. "And besides, the Sheriff asked me to check if it was anything supernatural.You know how your mom and John want to keep Scott and his friends out of this type of stuff after what happened with the nogitsune."

She continued to pout. "I get that you have to go but, why me? I just wanted to get some iced coffee." She mumbled as she crossed her arms over her chest like a small child not getting what they wanted.

"Stop being so cute." He cood at her giving her a smile.

" He cood at her giving her a smile