Chapter 24

Mia sat on the bed next to Stiles who was lying down letting her check him to see if he wasn't the nogitsune. Deaton left with Damien to go see what happened at the school with Isaac and the twins and inform them about Lydia's kidnapping. Leaving her, her mother, Scott, and Stiles in the house.

She felt guilty for feeling uncomfortable as she checked him. She had known him since he was a small boy and the fact that a part of her was scared of him made her feel terrible. She didn't like feeling this way but, the nogitsune had been using his body to hurt a lot of people that she knew.

She couldn't even look him in the eye as she did the check up and she was positive that he knew how she felt. She glanced at up at him finally meeting his eyes and then glanced at his wrist. She couldn't be too sure if just giving him a check up would tell them he was no longer the nogitsune. Which is why Kira's mother was coming to the house and have the oni check him even though they all felt a bit reluctant about it.

 Which is why Kira's mother was coming to the house and have the oni check him even though they all felt a bit reluctant about it

Stiles caught her eyeing his wrist and saw how hesitant she was to grab it. He was a bit hurt by her hesitance in being so close to him but he understood why. He could remember everything he did and he felt so guilty. He raised his wrist and moved it towards her slowly and she took it gently.

Mia released his wrist after checking him. She let out a small sigh. "Well Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." She muttered.

"Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" He asked and she didn't say anything except give him a sad look. Scott walked into the room with his mom behind him. Stiles glanced up at him. "Is she here?"

"Yeah." Scott replied.

"Okay, let's do this." Stiles stood up from the bed and started making his way to the door when he saw the looks he was getting. He knew they were reluctant in letting him do this but, he needed to. "Guys, we have to do this."

They all went downstairs to the living room were Nishiko was standing. She looked at Stiles with a blank expression. "Do you recognize me, hmm?"

He didn't reply and just stared at her. Kira burst into the room. "Stop."

Stiles gave her a reassuring look. "It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come." He explained.

Her eyes widened/ "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords."She turned to her mother hoping to stop her. "Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done." Noshiko stated and everyone else tensed up when two appeared. Once grabbed Stiles from behind to keep him still while the other checked him. They soon disappeared letting Stiles fall to the ground. Scott and Mia were the first ones to get to him. "Look behind his ear."

Mia let out sigh of relief when she saw the backwards five behind his ear. "It worked."

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asked once he was sitting up with Scott's help.