Chapter 19

Derek was standing on the roof of the hospital after Scott called him to tell him Stiles was missing. He decided to search the hospital since he was already there waiting for Mia who he was picking up. But, it seemed like Stiles was no longer in the building. He kept his gaze looking at the night sky when he heard approaching footsteps. He glanced back to see Scott and Isaac. "He's not here. Not anymore." He informed them.

"You mean the whole building?" Scott asked him.

"Gone."

Isaac looked at Scott. "I'll go tell Stilinski."

The young alpha nodded. He turned to him. "And see if you can find Allison. She's not answering her phone." Isaac nodded and ran off to find the young huntress leaving both Scott and Derek alone.

"Notice how strong the scent is up here? Ever hear of chemo signals?" Scott shakes his head no. "Chemical signals that communicate emotion." He explained. "And just our sweat can give off anger, fear or disgust." He glances at Scott for a second. "Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel."

Scott takes a deep breath as he smells the air around him. He blinked. "Stress."

"And anxiety." Derek added.

The young alpha glances at Derek in confusion. "What was he doing up here?"

"I don't know.But there was definitely some kind of struggle."

Scott furrowed his brows in confusion and worry. "With who?"

"Himself."

Later that night after Rafael and Melissa found Stiles in the coyote den, Derek was outside in the parking lot waiting for Mia who was checking Stiles. He turned his head to Aiden who was approaching him. "So, you think he was just sleepwalking? Or is there something more to it?" Aiden asked him curiously.

Derek sighed. "In this town there's always something more."

"What if I told you I know something more?" He said which grabbed Derek's attention so he continued. "I kind of overheard. Well, I listened in on Stiles talking to Scott. How he thinks he was the one who wrote that message in the Chemistry room. The message telling Barrow to kill Kira."

Derek looked at him in disbelief

Derek looked at him in disbelief. "You think Stiles-  skinny, defenseless Stiles- is the Nogitsune? A powerful, dark spirit?"

He shrugged. "I'm not the only one thinking it. I'm just the only one saying it."

Derek clicked his tongue in annoyance. "This thing wants to possess someone and chooses Stiles? Why wouldn't it take someone bigger, stronger? Someone with a little more....." He looked at the wires in his hands as he let out a sigh. "Power."

☾☾☾☾

The following day Derek went to the school to find Kira and ask her a few questions. He saw her calling out Scott's name but, he was well aware that the young alpha was preoccupied with Stiles who was getting tests taken at the hospital. He approached her and saw her jump when he spoke up. "He's a little preoccupied. But I can help you."