Chapter 6*

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous. You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him." Isaac said, he kept pacing nervously inside Derek's loft.

"You'll be fine." Derek muttered, trying to ignore the pacing Isaac was doing.

Isaac turned around to look at his alpha in disbelief. "Does it have to be him?"

"He knows how to do it. I don't. Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself." Derek explained, he was focused on the book in his hands.

"You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd well, I'd trust Scott."

"Do you trust me?" Derek turned his head, looking at Isaac.

Isaac hesitated for a moment. "Yeah." Isaac paused for a moment. "I still don't like him."

"Nobody likes him." Derek deadpanned.

Peter slid the door open, he approached them with an unamused look on his face. "Boys. F. Y. I., yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face."

Derek looked him in the face with a blank look. "We don't like you." He closed the book shut. "Now shut up and help us."

Peter shrugged. "Fair enough." The former alpha flicked out his claws and had Isaac sit in a chair. "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

"How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked nervously, he tilted his head a little to get a look at Peter.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."

"You--You've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac asked nervously.

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." Peter said in a nonchalant tone.

The beta stammered anxiously, "Wait, does that mean that you-" He was cut off by the older man digging his claws into the back of his neck.

"Wait, I see them." Peter held Isaac down as he began to squirm under his grasp.

Derek stood up abruptly looking at his uncle once he finally pulled away from Isaac who was breathing heavily. "What'd you see?" He demanded, he needed to know if his betas were still alive.

"It was confusing. Um, im images. Vague shapes."

"But you saw something."

"Isaac found them."

"Erica and Boyd?"

"I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses." Peter stammered out, trying to focus on what he had seen in the teenagers mind just now.