Chapter 30

It was early in the morning when Mia, Derek, and Damien while in the kitchen eating breakfast heard a knock on their door. The recently engaged couple stared at Damien who was in the middle of taking a bite out of his pancakes while his eyes were on his phone when he felt their gaze on him. 

He felt his eye twitch hoping they would stop staring at him. There was another knock on the door. He refused to look up. 

Another knock. 

"Fine! I'll get the damn door." He huffed dropping his fork and continued to his phone as he stood up from the stool and opened the door in frustration. "What?!"

Both Stiles and Lydia who were at the door blinked in surprise

Both Stiles and Lydia who were at the door blinked in surprise. Stiles who still held a fist in the air ready to knock again dropped it and gave Damien an awkward smile. "Morning!" He chirped walking passed the annoyed Kitsune with the strawberry blonde following behind him.

Derek and Mia who were enjoying their meal looked up to see the two teenagers with a grumpy Damien behind who slumped back into his chair and went back to eating. Mia rolled her eyes at her best friend and gave the two teens a smile. "Morning, you two."

"Why are you here?" Derek bluntly asked giving Stiles a mild glare.

Mia gently nudged him with her elbow. "Be nice. But, he is right why are you here. Shouldn't you be in school?" She asked curiously.

Stiles glanced at Lydia who seemed to be waiting for him to speak and rolled her eyes as she spoke. "We were planning on going to the Sheriff's station in hopes that Parrish could get us access into Eichen House so we could speak to Meredith. Maybe get the last key for the list."

"We were hoping Mia could come with us since you have the night shift tonight." Stiles said glancing at the brunette who was like a sister to him. He felt like there was something different about her but, couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Why me? I don't see how I'd be any help talking to a banshee." Mia muttered not even bothering Stiles on how he knew her work schedule. The kid seemed to like knowing things and who was she to stop his curious nature even if knowing her work schedule was excessive.