Chapter 2*

Mia stood by her locker getting her things out, she didn't notice a certain green eyed boy staring at her from across the hallway

Mia stood by her locker getting her things out, she didn't notice a certain green eyed boy staring at her from across the hallway. She closed her locker and jumped in surprise when her best friend appeared next to her with a curious look. "What the hell, Damian." She huffed, calming her racing heart as she leaned against her locker and he chuckled in amusement.

"What? I didn't do anything." He said innocently before raising an eyebrow at her. "Although you might want to explain why Derek Hale is staring at you." He mused nodding his head over to said boy who was still staring at her. It was surprising since Derek always seemed to only have a focus on basketball.

She looked over at Derek and sure enough he was looking at her before playfully rolling her eyes at Damien. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it." She muttered hoping he would drop it.

"Uh, I'm going to worry about it when my best friend is being stared at by the captain of the basketball team. And since you're blushing it must mean something." He smirked seeing her look at him like a deer caught in headlights.

She bit her bottom lip nervously. "He might have asked me out yesterday after he dropped me off at the hospital." She muttered with a light blush.

"What!" He exclaimed getting a few looks from other students in the hallways. Mia quickly covered his mouth embarrassed from the looks they were getting.

"Yeah.....trust me I was pretty shocked myself." She replied, still surprised that one of the most popular guys in their year had asked her out.

"Well he is hot. So it's pretty understandable on why you said yes to him. Like damn." He muttered checking Derek out who looked rather uncomfortable from listening to their conversation.

Mia slapped Damian on the shoulder gently. "I didn't yes because of that." She blushed looking away. "I honestly have no idea why I even did though. But, it wouldn't hurt to go out with him." She said truthfully and Derek smiled to himself as he walked away with his friends hoping that the date he planned would go well.

Damian looked at his friend putting a hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, but promise you'll be careful. I don't know much about the guy but there's something off about him." He muttered gently hoping that he wouldn't scare her.

She laughed quietly, waving off his concern. "Okay, I promise."

"So where is he taking you?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"I don't know he just told me that he would pick me up. And I'm just glad that my mom has the night shift and Scott is probably going to play at Stiles's house." She sighed tiredly, knowing that if her mom or brother were home they would embarrass her in front of Derek.

She was pretty sure that her little brother was more than likely to try to convince her not to go. He tended to be overprotective of her and their mom.

"You know I don't think Stiles likes me very much." He said, thinking about the scrawny little boy who always gave him the stink eye.

She laughed as they began to make their way to class. "I think it might be because you broke his action figure."