Chapter 12

Mia was working her shift at the hospital. She had to work extra hours since three of their other doctors were sacrificed. She continued to check on patients while being followed by Damien who had taken it upon himself to be her protector after the twins had kidnapped her last time. Sure they had taken him off guard, but now he was just pissed off that he was knocked out by two alphas who he should have easily been able to take down. Especially, ones that didn't have enough experience like he did even if they were able to combine themselves to form a giant alpha.

"Damian you don't need to follow me especially here." Mia muttered as she smiled softly at the nurse at the front desk.

He snorted. "Yeah right and let those alphas take you again. No thanks, but I'm not letting you out of my sight again. I mean you know what they're capable of right? They aren't playing around, Mia. They will kill you if they need too." Damien said as he stopped walking right behind her.

"We both know they won't though. Especially because of Scott." She said picking up the next patient's file.

"Well I'm not taking any chances. There's also a Darach going around sacrificing people and I think it's better if we stick together just in case." He muttered.

The brunette sighed. "Fine. But you need to stop touching everything." She gently slapped his hand away from the files on the desk and gave him a look.

"Mia." Damien nudged her and she looked up. Derek was there looking a little disheveled and breathing heavily. Mia had called him a few minutes before when Stiles and John had brought in Cora who was injured. Stiles explained that she had gotten into a fight with one of the twins who hit her with a weight. "What's up sourwolf." The Kitsune greeted.

Derek ignored him and stared at Mia. "Hey." He gave her a small smile which she returned. "Do you know which room Cora is in?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Come on." Both her and and Derek walked side by side ignoring Damien who walked behind the pair with a huff.

"Fine, just ignore me." Damian muttered in annoyance.

☾☾☾☾

"Derek?" Cora mumbled as her eyes adjusted to the lights and focused on her older brother who was currently sitting in the chair next to her bed.

"Hey. Hey, I'm here." He grabbed her hand gently.

"What's happening to me?" She winced in pain.

He shook his head. "I don't know. But I'm not leaving, okay? Not again." He promised giving her a comforting smile.

Sometime later a banshee scream was heard from the school. Jennifer was about to kill Lydia who screamed. Mia who was Damien saw him look up since he was able to hear it. Derek also looked up when he heard it.

☾☾☾☾

The whole hospital was in turmoil as everybody was trying to get all the patients out and moved to another hospital. "Okay, all medications should be sealed inside the plastic bags, and the patients carry it in their hands. When you've completely evacuated the room, you mark the door with a red "X," okay?" Melissa announced as she ordered the nurses in front of her.