Chapter 32

"Are you sure you don't need help?"

"No."

"You sure?"

Mia let out an exasperated sigh at both Scott and Stiles who were following behind her carrying groceries with her. "Yes, I'm sure. Carrying grocery bags aren't going to harm the baby. And besides Scott is carrying the heavier load." She pointed out as they stepped into the elevator. 

The day after the PSAT's Mia decided to tell Scott about her pregnancy while Derek slept and Stiles just so happened to be there. It was safe to say that Scott was happy that he was going to be an uncle but a bit weirded out that she was also getting married to Derek who was also the father. He never thought he'd end up being brother in law with Derek Hale.

It was now noon and both teens decided to accompany her grocery shopping. Derek called to ask her if she wanted help but, she told him that Scott and Stiles were now her little bodyguards much to both their amusement. They were acting like Damien who was visiting his mother.

Stiles gave her an offended look while Scott chuckled in amusement. "We just wanted to make sure you were okay." Scott said.

"I am. Are you two okay?" She asked once the elevator stopped on her floor.

"Why wouldn't we be?"

"Well I mean you two almost died yesterday and I just want to make sure that you two aren't having PTSD." She said in a concerned tone. The three stepped out the elevator as they made their way to her door as she unlocked the door.

"We're doing okay." Scott said sending Stiles an uncomfortable look knowing that Malia was ignoring them for lying about the list and they still had yet to tell Mia that Derek's name broke the third list. They planned on telling her but, after her news they didn't want to worry her.

"Really?" She asked in disbelief as they walked into her kitchen and started unpacking the groceries.

"We're fine." Stiles insisted when he saw her look.

"Don't you two have plans today? I mean not that I don't love your company but, it is my day off and I was planning on just sleeping the whole day." She muttered feeling exhausted from yesterday's events. She had been so worried about her brother and Stiles that she barely sat down.

The two shifted nervously as they helped put the groceries away. Stiles sent Scott a panicked look. "N-No. We uh we're just gonna head home and uh play some videogames." Scott stammered stepping away from the kitchen island with Stiles. "Nothing too serious." They both were planning on finding the benefactor and in order to that Scott needed to die. Well not really but, they were relieved that Mia was not working tonight. The last thing they needed was making her worry especially knowing she was pregnant. The less people who knew the better.

"Okay...." Mia trailed off not really understanding what the two were getting so nervous about. "Well have fun with that." She muttered, watching them leave. "Lock the doors on you way out." She called out as she went to her room where she found Derek sleeping. She chuckled lightly as she laid down beside him and fell asleep next to him.

☾☾☾☾

A few hours later it was already getting dark out when Mia's eyes fluttered open. She let out a small sigh feeling hungry and glanced over at the empty space next to her. She stood up and her brows furrowed when she saw Derek sleeping on the couch. She noticed he was sleeping on his side again like earlier. She walked over to him and sat on the small table in front of the couch. She noticed a small patch of blood on his white beater and reached over and lifted up slightly biting her lip hoping he wouldn't wake up. Her brows furrowed at the bullet wound on his hip.