Chapter 14

Derek was sitting up asleep after exhausting himself from healing Cora. Water trickled down his throat as he opened his eyes. He gasped and let out a sigh of relief when he saw his sister up and awake. "You're okay."

She smiled softly at her older brother. "I'm doing much better than you are right now, And all because of you."

"Hopefully not all for nothing." Peter muttered standing a few feet away from the two siblings."The moon is rising, Derek. You drained your battery all the way to the red, And there is a fully charged alpha on her way To rip you limb from limb."

Derek waved his uncle off although he sounded tired. "I'll be fine in a few hours."

"I sincerely hope so, Because a few hours is all that you have."

☾☾☾☾

Mia sighed as she looked over at Chris who continued to press the button. "Still working?"

He looked at her and shook his head. "Not for much longer."

"Anyone else feeling an unbearable itch They can't scratch?" Melissa asked looking around.

John nodded. "Well, not before you said something, But now, yes, I do." The two chuckled together but, Melissa's face dropped.

She gulped nervously. "Is she actually gonna come down here.... And slash all of our throats?"

Mia shook her head. "Nah. She'll come down and strangle us with a garrote.... " She shrugged innocently from the looks she was getting. "And then slash our throats." She added clearing her throat and looked away from her mother's scolding look.

A strong gust of wind hit and began to shake the ground for a few seconds before it stopped. "Just the wind." Chris said hoping to relieve the stressful looks on everybody's faces. The wind picked up again and the dirt from above started to fall.

☾☾☾☾

"We know about the lunar eclipse." Ethan stated looking all three Hales with Lydia next to him. "So don't think kali's gonna sit around waiting for it To level the playing field. She's coming, and my brother's coming with her."

"Good enough for me. Derek?" Peter asked turning his head in Derek's direction who had his arms crossed over his chest.

He looked at his uncle with disbelief. "You want me to run?"

Peter smiled sarcastically at his nephew's question. "No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered By an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish." He scoffed rolling his eyes. "Of course I want you to run. Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town."

Cora narrowed her eyes at her older brother. "If you want to fight and die for something, That's fine with me, but do it for something meaningful."

"How do you know I'm gonna lose?" Derek asked feeling a little offended that they thought he would lose.

"We don't, but I'll bet she has an idea." Peter looked over at the strawberryblonde. "Don't you, lydia?"

The young banshee gulped. "I don't know anything."

"But you feel something, don't you?" Peter stepped closer in her direction.

Derek looked at her asking, "What do you feel?"

Lydia felt a chill run up her spine. "I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard."

☾☾☾☾

Derek was driving with his sister in the passenger seat getting as far away as he can from Beacon Hills despite wanting to stay and help. But, it seemed like there was no choice in the matter. That was until they both heard a loud scream coming from the direction of the loft. Derek told Cora it was Lydia and turned the car around heading back.