Chapter 12

Recap:

I flinched at her statement feeling scared suddenly when she mentioned that she was't going to beat me. My thought immediately wandering to my lousy father. She gasped suddenly realising what she said.

"I-I didn't mean it that way."

I gave her a small smile,"I know." 

She gave me a sympathetic smile before continuing to scarf down her food. I looked down at now cold toast and just got up to throw it away. I wasn't in the mood to eat anymore besides I only had another 15 minutes to get to school anyway. 

Throwing away my toast I went to go get my backpack out of the Alpha's room where I left it last night seeing that I needed it now. I opened the door only to be greated by my father. I gasped and was about to slam the door the shut but he had noticed me already. 

"Found you." My father said in soft tone with a sly smile on his face. I realized right there that I didn't need to go to my father, he had come to me. 

Chapter 12

Avery's POV

My breathing hitched as I looked at my father. Most feel pride and happiness when looking at their father...the only thing I felt was fear. But at the moment, I mostly felt shock. I'd spent most of my morning plotting and scheming ways to go to my former home and confront him, but here he was, standing right in front of me. My whole morning was now a waste of time.

I didn't spend too much time dwelling on that fact because now I had to face my fears and tell him what I had planned to say. I simply could not open my mouth to speak though, no matter how hard I tried. I was frozen in shock and fear.

My heart rate picked up again as I stood there hyperventilating. My fear took over as I started to shake, I could feel cold sweat drip down my forehead. It was like my body was taking over and getting ready for the beating that was yet to come.

He spoke first, cutting through the silence with a sneer, "I see you're still a coward."

I flinched at his tone of voice; it was still ruthless, but it was his words that stung me the most. He was speaking to me as if I were just dirt on his shoes. I couldn't take it anymore the way he was treating me.

All the pain and fear and anger that he had caused me over the years seemed to be building up in me, and my throat clogged further. I wanted so badly to yell and scream and make him feel the pain I had been going through.

But I couldn't, I couldn't bring myself to say it. I was too much of a coward, like he said I was. And I stood there and accepted it like the pitiful person I was.

"I know," I whispered pitifully, self-disgust rising up in me as I bowed my head in shame.

He sneered at me and took a seat in the Alpha's chair, "You know you disgust me. I mean look at you you're hideous, you don't even have an ounce of beauty to offer. You're nothing like you're mother."

His words cut through me like knives as he sat there and insulted me. I could hear every word he threw at me.

Hideous.

Disgusting.

Nobody.

Nothing.

I felt tears gather up in my eyes as he kept on speaking to me each word took away a part of my soul. Who ever said words can't hurt was wrong because right now I wanted nothing more than death. Suddenly I felt myself up against the wall with my father right in front of me. He took a deep breath and slapped me right across my face.