Chapter 31

Recap: 

The short time I've seen them together they acted like a real couple. Their personalities fit well together and they canceled each other out. She was bright and bubbly and he was dark and mysterious. The princess and her dark knight. The perfect love story. 

Chapter 31 

Avery POV

Even before we reached the boarder I could tell Ari's dad was running towards us. I could feel his Alpha power, and that he was mad Aaron and I had left the pack territory without telling him. He must of also scented the fact that their was a rogue with us because the growls that were coming our way were not friendly. 

I inched closer to Aaron unconsciously feeling a little intimidated even though I knew his dad wouldn't do anything to me but I was worried about Ari and her mate. I knew they mated already but his smell was not completely on her yet so her dad wouldn't know that they were mates. 

We stopped a few feet in front of the Alpha not sure how this was going to be played out. After a couple moments of stupidly standing there and not doing anything Aaron let out a little bark and motioned towards the trees indicating he was going to shift back. His dad nodded his head not taking his eyes off Ari and Alex's wolves.

Aaron gently grabbed me by the scruff causing me to let out a small cry of surprise before carrying me away to the forest behind a few trees like a pup. After he set me down I growled at him in annoyance before shaking my fur and shifting back. 

"Did you really have to do that?" I asked him while putting my clothes on. 

He grinned at me cheekily, "Yes I like taking care you." 

I rolled my eyes before hugging him lovingly. It made me happy knowing that he cared for me so much. I knew I never showed it outwardly but I had a feeling he knew anyway and that proved how strong our bond was. 

After we were fully clothed we walked back to everyone else. The Alpha was still staring at Ari and Alex but we could tell he was getting madder every passing second and Ari was about to break down any moment now too.

So I decided to step in and tell him what was going on,"Alpha," I said timidly feeling my courage go away slowly. He looked at me for a second acknowledging that he heard me before he turned his glare back to Alex. 

"Uhm well...the rogue your looking or well i guess actually your glaring at him...but uh yeah that Ari's mate Alex and well...he actually helped her get away from the other rogues the bad ones you know..." I finished off mumbling and bowing my head in respect before scampering of back to Aaron feeling a little woozy from the power waves that radiated off his father.  

Aaron smiled at me proudly and Ari looked at me greatfully, she seemed to be a little more relaxed now that her dad knew what was going on. Alpha also looked a little less intimidating maybe he was going to let Alex join the pack!

He let out a huff before motioning them to shift back. They walked over to the tress like Aaron and I had before shifting and coming back to the clearing holding hands. The Alpha who had also shifted was waiting for them looking like he had made a decision. He let out a grunt at their intertwined fingers not liking the fact that his baby girl had found her mate. 

"Well, since you already marked her I have no choice but to welcome you to the pack." He said sternly.

"Oh thank you so much daddy! I swear you won't regret it I already told him so much about pack life and he's a great fighter! He can probably beat Aaron too!" Aaron growled at the mention of him being beaten by a rogue, while Arabella threw her arms around Alex feeling elated that they weren't going to be seperated before giving her dad a hug showing him she truly missed him while she was away.