Chapter 3

Arabella POV

Oh my god...Avery. Avery is back...how? I need to tell father right away! I ran out the doors of the school, went into the forest and shifted into my wolf. She's pure white but the tip of her tail is black. I took off and ran all the way to the pack house without stopping. By the time I got there I was panting heavily. I changed back to my human form put on my clothes before continuing running to my father office.

"Dad...Dad! Avery-Avery's back," I gasped, stumbling into his office.

"W-What?" he yelled, springing from his chair.

"She's back dad...Avery Madison," I whispered.

His face paled and he gripped the chair to keep his balance. He looked at me and said, "Go get her."

I just turned swiftly and ran out of the room all the way back to school to go get her. How is she back? When did she come back? Who is she living with? Wait...she said it was just her and her father. My heart sped up as did my feet at the thought of her staying in a house with that cruel bastard. I sighed and cleared my head to focus on a plan to get her to come with me back home. Damn what class is she in now?

I walked through the school doors and tried to sniff her out I found a faint trace of it leading up the stairs so I just followed it. I ended up walking into her Calculus class. 

"Can I please borrow Avery Madison?" I asked brusquely. She nodded knowing better than to refuse me. 

I grabbed Avery and hauled her out of the class quickly.  She looked at me with a confused and slightly panicked expression on her face.

"Arabella? What's happening? Why did you leave? How do you know my full name?!" She questioned me.

I sighed, "I'll tell you later but right now you have to come with me okay?"

"Okay but I have to get my stuff," she turned to walk back but stopped and said, "Stay right there don't leave me again." She said giving me a pointed look.

I mock saluted her, "Yes ma'am."

She laughed softly and went to get her stuff. The other students looked at her confusedly and stared accusingly at the teacher, wondering how she could let the new girl just leave half an hour into class. The teacher was busy sorting through papers, so it would seem like she didn't notice Avery leaving her class. Avery walked up to me confidently, ignoring the side comments by her fellow classmates.

"Okay I'm ready. So, where are we going?" she asked, cocking her head to the side curiously. Her eyes seemed wary.

"My house," I said simply, grabbing her arm once more and walking through the halls quickly.

"Wait! Why are we going to your house in the middle of second period?" she exclaimed.

"Because my father would like to speak to you about...some things," I muttered, avoiding her penetrating gaze.

Avery's POV

We were going to Arabella's house? And her father wanted to talk to me? Oh god, this doesn't sound good. Will he beat me; or will he tell me to stay away from his daughter because I was ruining her image? Oh no, this can't be good...he probably wanted to scream at me! Worry must have been evident on my face because Arabella sighed and stopped for a second, putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Look Avery, he just wants to talk to you, ok? It's nothing bad, promise," she said with a gentle smile. I nodded.

"Ok," I whispered. She nodded her head once and resumed walking at her fast pace. Once we made it to the parking lot, she unlocked the door of a black truck and we hopped in. She started the car immediately and sped off.

"Well, here we are. Mi casa," she said brightly, pulling up to a white mansion. I gaped. It had beautiful architecture, and a garden full of beautiful and exotic plants and flowers.

"Oh wow, you live here?" I asked in awe.

She chuckled at my flabbergasted face and nodded. She must get that question all the time. I mean, who wouldn't be surprised that she lived in this replica of a castle?!

"Well shall we go in, or do you want to drool over my house some more?" she asked in a teasing tone. I blushed furiously.

"I am not drooling; I'm just admiring your home." I snapped at her defensively, my face still hot.

"Sure you are," she drawled sarcastically.            

"Whatever let's just go talk to your dad," I growled. She laughed loudly and led me up the grand stairs of the house.

We walked through the doors into the foyer. The inside took my breath away. Even the outside hadn't been this lovely. The theme of the room was a mixture of modern appliances and medieval décor. I stood there gaping, and Arabella laughed again, pushing me down a long, wide hall till we reach huge, double oak doors. 

She knocked gently on them and waited for the person inside to open them. We heard footsteps and then a deep breath before the huge doors swung open. A middle aged man stood in the doorway. He had to be at least 6'3, barely shorter than my father. He had neatly groomed jet black hair that fell in waves over his head. His eyes were a captivating green that seemed to go on forever, and as he gazed at me, they shone with tears.

"Avery I've been waiting for you for a long time my dear. Welcome home," he said in a deep, rumbling baritone. His voice was a bit husky with tears and he wrapped his big arms around me and pulled into a tight hug.

YAY so I finally finished chapter 3! Hope you guys like it! Anyway i am now officially on Winter Break so i can upload more now and my goal is to upload every 2-3 days! Anyway if I can get 5 votes i will upload immediately or you guys will have to wait VOTE VOTE VOTE. Oh and comments are VERY much appreciated(: