Chapter 2

Arabella--->

As soon my new friend and I walked into the building the whole school seemed to stop talking. Only faint whispers could be heard.

"Oh my God, is that the new girl?" a squeaky voice whisper-yelled.

"Ugh she looks like such a slut," a nasally voice chimed with a scoff.

"Why is Arabella with her?" a deep voice muttered.

Arabella? Who's that? Oh, right my new friend. I had completely forgotten her name! Arabella rolled her eyes and herded me toward the main office.

"Hey Cindy this is the new student Avery," Arabella said looking at the receptionist.

"R-Right, well here Avery this is your schedule, map and textbooks." Cindy said looking nervously at Arabella. That's... weird. Why was she looking at her like that? I'll have to remember to ask her about that later. Now,I needed to find my way to first period.

1. Chemistry AP

2. Calculus AP

3. Culinary

4. Sexual Education

5. Off Period

6. English 2 AP

7. Creative Writing

8. History 2 AP

"Hey we have first, third, fourth and fifth together!" Arabella exclaimed excitedly.

"Awesome I guess you can show me the way then?" I asked hopefully. She nodded with a smile. I breathed a sigh of relief.

She laughed and looped our arms again and showed me where my classes would be held. We entered our first period class a few minutes early, so I introduced myself to the teacher and took my seat next to Arabella. By the time all the students came into the classroom and got seated I learned quite a few things about Arabella. She came from a family of 4- her mother, father, and twin brother. Her parents were still madly in love and lived a happy life with their two children. I couldn't help but envy her, after all she had the life I wished for. Thankfully class started before she could ask me about the dreadful life I lived at home.

"Well class today you will be assigned lab partners. These people will remain your lab partners for the rest of the year," the bulky bald headed teacher shouted. "They will be the person seated next to you now. No complaints. You may take the rest of the period to get to know your new partner...I need to organize my new classroom," he grumbled.

Arabella turned and smiled at me, "Well I guess we can just get back to our conversation."

"Why was the receptionist scared of you?" I blurted out before I could stop myself, in a desperate attempt to avoid questions about my family and home life.

Her expression darkened a bit before she went back to her teasing smirk," Well don't you notice the smallest of things? You see my family in a way runs this town, we have a strong family tie to this area so that's why the receptionist was scared of me, I could of have easily gotten her fired," she sighs causally while examining her nails.

"Oh," I replied weakly slightly afraid of the new information I had been given. I was chatting with the 'head of the town'.

She laughed at me and shook her head, "Don't worry darling I'll take good care of you."

It was my turn to laugh. The thought of her facing my father was ridiculous; it made me laugh and feel nauseous at the same time. Arabella being only about 5'4 and my father towering over at a good 6'5 and her trying to stand up to him to protect me was a scary thought. I knew I could never put her in such an awful position. Even though I had just met, her I felt somewhat protective of her.

"Anyway what's your family like?" she inquired, tipping her head to the side innocently.

"Oh uhm well it's just my father and I my mother died when I was young," I answered stiffly. I gulped and looked away as I trembled slightly at the image of my father's furious face from all the times he beat me.

"Oh my I am so sorry," she said sadly, putting her hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"It's not your fault...it's was wolves that attacked her." I growled, with a hard edge in my tone.

Arabella looked like she had been punched in the stomach. Her expression was a mix of shock, hatred and worry.

"Y-you're A-Avery...Madison?" she cried. I blinked.

I looked at her confused how did she know my full name? I don't recall telling her my last name...I never told anyone my last name. Father had told me not to. He said if I told anyone the wolves would find us and we were never to be found. So how did Arabella know who I was? And why did she look so scared of me?

Before I could ask her the bell cut me off and by the time I gathered my stuff she had left, leaving me in a class full of students that eyed me suspiciously. I guess I had to find my way around for the rest of the day...great, just great.

~

Hey! chapter two is up comment and vote! 5 votes for an immediate upload or you'll have to wait till Friday? Sounds fair?