Chapter 8

RECAP:

"You know... you scared me so much when you wouldn't open your eyes," he murmured, his chest rumbling against my back as he rubbed his cheek in my hair. I swallowed as my body heated up and I felt something inside my head purr 'mate, my mate, I want mate'.

"Hmm...I thought I was dead," I whispered, closing my eyes as he continued to caress me gently. His arms tightened and he moved his face to my neck, curling around me possessively.

He growled,"You're not going to die. I won't allow it." His voice was so strong and deep and determined I shivered.

I sighed again and closed my eyes feeling tired and sleepy. He chuckled softly and picked me up in his arms, cradling me against his chest. I felt a warm kiss on my forehead.

"I've been waiting for you so long, mate. My love," I heard a deep voice breathe, and that was the last thing I heard before I drifted into a deep, peaceful sleep.

Chapter 8

I woke up with two strong arms wrapped around my waist and a warm comfortable bed underneath my body which was definitely something new. I turned around only to come face to face with the most beautiful face I've ever seen. My mate.

I sighed and snuggled closer into his warm body. He growled softly, and pulled me even closer so I was tucked halfway under his body and threw his leg over mine. I giggled softly and my hand rose up to stroke the hair away from his forehead on its own accord. His eyes fluttered open as he stared at me with sleepy eyes, that held an intense emotion that made my heart thud. He smiled.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he said, his voice husky with sleep as he ran his hand up the side of my body to my face and moved my hair away from my eyes. I shivered.

A grin unwillingly came onto my face as I buried my face into his shoulder shyly and mumbled a muffled 'morning'. He laughed into my hair and pulled me closer into his chest.

I could feel each one of his abs pressing against my breasts and stomach. I moaned quietly, earning a low growl from him as his arms tightened around me.

Arabella burst through the door suddenly and jumped onto the bed,"Awww, group hug!"

Aaron groaned and mumbled a few colorful profanities towards Arabella. I laughed and smacked his chest which only made him pout in response. I leaned forward and quickly pecked his lips which looked pretty tempting at the moment. I was surprised at my boldness for a second. I had never imagined someone kissing me, much less me initiating a kiss. He's our mate, we want him, his wolf calls to us so we can be bold with him, a husky voice in my head whispered.

"Ewww! You just kissed my brother...you know he has cooties!" Arabella screamed and ran out of the room as if it suddenly caught on fire.

Aaron and I laughed, still tangled up in each other's arm under the blankets. To my relief and slight disappointment, we were fully clothed. I blushed at the second thought.

"I feel bad for her mate," Aaron mumbled in my ear, pulling me so I was laying slightly on top of him, his hands resting right above the curve of my butt.

"Hmm...," I couldn't formulate a proper sentence due his closeness and having no other distraction in the room.

Suddenly, his alarm clock blared through the air causing me jump up startled. Aaron grabbed my waist and pulled me back down in an instant.

"Shh, don't worry it's only the alarm clock," he said gently, and I nodded. I was scared very easily.

"I-I know it's just loud noises, I don't like them," I muttered embarrassedly, pulling away slightly and looking away from his face.