XXI

I was at the fire station with Langston while he was on his break. I bought him lunch and decided to catch him up on Giovanni and I. I made sure to wait till my wounds healed so Langston wouldn't ask any questions. Giovanni only allowed me to go if there were guards watching me and I had no other choice but to agree or I would be stuck doing nothing all day.

"So you guys are together?" he asked

"I guess." I shrugged

"Either you are or you're not."

"I guess we are." I sighed

"Just a few days ago you didn't want to talk to the guy, now you're his girlfriend."

"It's complicated."

"No, you're complicated."

"Whatever." I scoffed

"I know its hard for you, with what happened to mom and dad, but you can't let that stop you from being happy."

"This has nothing to do with mom and dad. I'm just trying to protect myself."

"From getting hurt? You haven't even given him a chance to love you yet."

"When did you become Oprah?"

"Since I was introduced to your messy love life." he chuckled

"Don't call it that. Sounds like some soap opera or something."

He chuckled before throwing a crumpled up napkin at me.

"So are you still moving?"

"I'm not sure. I told him we should take a vacation."

"Ooohh, you two alone. What's going to happen?" he teased

"We shall see." I smirked

"Ehh." he made a disgusted face

"You asked."

"I expected you to say nothing."

"Well its been a while. I need some kind of treatment."

"Okay, time to go." he said packing up his stuff

"What did I say?" I smiled

"I don't want to hear your sexual fantasies." he grumbled

"Well they're about to become reality very soon." I teased

"Get out." he demanded semi-playfully

I got up to leave, knowing that he would want to continue the rest of his break.

"I'll give you the details when we get back!" I called out behind me

"Use protection, nasty." he yelled back

_______________________________________________________________________________

When I arrived at my apartment, I was looking through my mail when I saw someone sitting on my couch at the corner of my eye. I looked over with a thumping heartbeat and instantly calmed down when I saw it was Giovanni.

"Normal people don't break into other people's apartment." I stated

Giovanni and I were living in two separate places, per my request. I wanted us to be as normal as we could be and by living separately, I felt like I could understand my feelings for Giovanni a little better. He wasn't too thrilled about my decision, but he eventually accepted it.

"The door was unlocked." he shrugged

"No it wasn't."

"Why does it matter? It's not like you're not my girlfriend."