XII

I had been staying at the penthouse for 3 weeks now and I was beginning to grow bored. There was an unspoken routine between Giovanni and I. He would either make or order me breakfast, send me out for the whole day to do whatever and when I returned, he would cook or we would go out to eat.

It was not a bad schedule, but I felt left behind. I was so used to working, that I never got the chance to go out and relax. But now, I just felt stagnate. I was getting no work done and Giovanni was having all the fun. I needed something productive to work on everyday or I would literally go crazy.

When I awoke, Giovanni was in the kitchen setting the dining table for breakfast. He smiled and greeted me as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I sat down in my usual place and began eating my food.

"What's wrong?" Giovanni asked concerned

"Why would you think anything is wrong?"

"You're quiet. And whenever you're quiet, you're thinking exceptionally hard."

"I'm bored."

"Of?"

"This." I said waving my hands

"What's wrong with this?" he asked offended

"You get to go out and work, while I'm treated like a housewife."

"A housewife doesn't sound half bad." he smiled

"Giovanni, I'm serious."

"Okay, what do you want?

"I need something to do other than shopping."

"I thought that was every woman's dream?"

"Not me. I want to go to work."

"No."

"Gio," I said grabbing his hands, "I really need to do something productive with my life."

He stared at me and I tried to pout, hoping I could get what I wanted.

"I could work at the club. Do some numbers." I offered

He sighed and pulled his hands away from mine. He rubbed his temple with his right hand.

"Okay, we can see how that works."

I smiled and clapped excitedly.

"But if it doesn't work out, then you're done."

"We'll talk details later." I said getting up to give him a kiss on the cheek

We have been affectionate since our date. We share small kisses, but nothing more. I want to make sure this is the right fit for me. It was cute now because we were safe under the roof of the penthouse. But when I see the guards, it reminds me of who Giovanni really is. He isn't some nice guy who just owns a corporation. He's a killer and a drug dealer. The very things I tried to escape from with Rodney.

I went into the bedroom to take a bath and change into some clothes. I settled on jeans and a button down with flats. Giovanni waited on me so he could escort me to the club.

When we arrived, Giorgio was already there getting things in order for tonight. When he saw me, he smiled and we hugged. Giorgio and I have become closer also, but more as siblings.

"And what do I owe this pleasure of seeing you this early?" Giorgio asked me with a smile

"I've come to work for you."

"You have?"

"Yes, I think you need a manager and I would be perfect."

"That is not what we agreed on." Giovanni said