XXXVI

Business was booming, especially since Giovanni put me in charge of the company. His headquarters were in New York, which was convenient for our living situation, but at any given time during the week I was also traveling to Boston and Philadelphia. The Philadelphia office was new and of course he acquired the city to keep an eye on me nearly two years ago. Stalker much.

I tried to not make any major changes, but there was just some things that needed to be fixed for the sake of the business.

As I spent days traveling to each city, I noticed the employees were often overworked and felt under appreciated. So I initiated raises for every sector to occur every two months. I also required pastries and coffee to be delivered through a catering service by a local cafe or bakery. They were little changes, but I noticed an increase in employee morale in the next bi-week, which meant greater sales. Giovanni, of course, did not understand these notions and saw them as a waste of money.

I took the time to interview each supervisor, as well as manager to get an understanding of the employees and their work ethic. If negative feedback was given about a particular employee, I would go out of my way to review their file to include their stressful position with their personal lives. I would then make the decision if firing them was reasonable, but their position would be replaced in the next week. I was generating jobs in urban cities and I was ensuring that there was a balance within the company.

But with me handling financial affairs for Amanté & Co. and Giovanni playing American Gangster, we hardly had anytime for each other. I reserved Sundays as my day off in an effort to see him, but he wouldn't get home until late that night when I was already sleeping.

My work was a success and he was more than happy to see an increase in profits, but my sex life was plummeting, which only increased my stress.

I thought the only way I could fix this was to get some advice. Unfortunately, that advice had to come from two people who definitely had no interest in my sex life. Langston and Gabriella.

Gabi came over with the intention of a girls' day until I told her my troubles.

"This is weird, but I really have no choice but to help you if I want nieces and nephews." Gabi said

"I just don't know what to do."

"Have you told him how you feel?"

"Feelings? No. It's not something we've been concerned about lately."

"Of course, you've become business partners. There are no feelings in business."

"No, not really."

"Well, why don't you surprise him at work?"

"How? It's not like he sits in an office all day."

"Look, I'm just googling ideas."

"Well could you google some that would relate to my situation, please?"

"Geez, someone needs to get laid."

"I do. I haven't had sex in a month."

"Have you tried buying a toy?"

"Why buy a toy when I have a boyfriend who I live with?"

"Well, obviously that isn't working, now is it?"

"Gabi, you're supposed to be helping me, not suggesting I go buy a dildo."

"I never said it had to be a dildo. There are vibrators that do wonders."

"Okay, I have a feeling you're speaking from experience and I don't want to know."

"Look, I've already found a few for you."