X

Giovanni rented out a penthouse for us to stay in while we were in New York. I had never been nor had I ever seen a penthouse in person before and I was more than excited to see the view.

The elevator took its sweet time and even a few of the residents got on with us, irritating me to the point where I couldn't stop moving.

"We'll get there." Giovanni commented

I couldn't hide the excited smile my face bared. Once we reached the designated floor level, I nearly screamed. There was only one door throughout the whole floor designated for us. Giovanni took his sweet time getting down the hallway so I snatched the key card out of his hand.

I quickly opened the door to the most beautiful place I had ever seen. The walls were a blinding white, while the floors were dark, hardwood. I had the option to go left or right, so I chose right first to see where it would lead me.

There was a sleek dining table with comfortable chairs around it. I took another right to see the kitchen. The counter tops were granite with cabinets to match the floor. I couldn't wait to cook in here.

Next to the kitchen was a sitting area with a fire place. The couches and love seats accented very well with a suede and dark blue.

I went all the way back to the foyer so that I could go to the left to find the bedrooms. In the master bedroom, there was a champagne themed couch with a matching bed set. I looked to see the beautiful, bright bathroom connected to it. There was an egg-shaped tub calling my name.

I ran out to see the other bedroom with light blue themed bed sheets and furniture. It was beautiful, but it wasn't as big as the master bedroom.

"I'm taking the master bedroom!" I yelled

I ran back out and tried to calm myself but I was too overwhelmed with joy.

"I take it you like it?" he asked with a smile

"It's beautiful." I said twirling dramatically

"I've never seen you this excited before."

"There are not many things that evoke emotion from me."

"You missed the terrace." he pointed behind me

I turned around to a set of double doors that I had completely missed. I opened the doors to a beautiful view of the city's skyline. On the terrace, there was all kinds of furniture to sit and relax with a fire pit in the middle. I stepped out and could see that the terrace wrapped around the whole penthouse.

"This is perfect." I said

"Yes, it is." Giovanni responded but he wasn't looking at the view

"So what are we doing first?" I asked breaking him from his trance

"I don't know, I was thinking you could use some clothes."

"Shopping?" I asked hopeful

"Only if you want."

I grabbed him by his arm and dragged him out into the hallway.

"Slow down."

"No." I said excitedly

When we made it into the elevator, I couldn't help but imagine what shopping in Manhattan would be like. I could use most of the money I saved to buy all of the things I ever wanted.

"Where do you want to go first?" he asked

"I don't know." I shrugged

"Okay, don't worry about it."