XX

I awoke in a bed that did not belong to me. The curtains were closed, leaving the room pitch black. I stretched my right arm to turn on a bedside lamp. I instantly regretted it when a pain shot to my bicep. My wound was now wrapped in a bandage, but I could see the blood trapped underneath it.

"It was just a graze." I was startled by a familiar voice

In the corner of the room, Giovanni sat watching me. The lamp only lit up my side, so his face was covered, but I knew that voice anywhere.

"How long have you been there?" I asked

"For awhile."

"How long have I been out?"

"Awhile."

"I see you're still annoying." I whispered to myself

I got out of the bed, making my way to the bathroom. I steadied myself before walking past Giovanni and locking the door behind me. There were two sinks and a wide mirror. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and nearly fainted. My lip was still swollen and there were bags under my eyes. My stomach grumbled, making me think to when the last time I had a meal. Hopefully Giorgio was here so I could ask him to get me some food. I still was not very fond of Giovanni and I don't think he was of me either. We were starting all over, except this time it wouldn't get as far as it did.

I opened the door and Giovanni was gone. I left the bedroom to find him on the phone. I scanned the small living area and deduced that Giorgio was not here. Giovanni stared at me as he finished his conversation. I sat down on the couch patiently waiting for him to finish.

After ten minutes, he was still on the phone and my stomach could not take anymore neglect.

"I'm hungry." I announced

He moved his mouth away from the speaker.

"I'm on the phone." he growled out at me

"But I'm hungry." I said with an attitude

"You can wait."

That was not the answer I was looking for. I huffed and saw the door to exit out of the small apartment. I looked back at Giovanni who was into his conversation. I quickly made my way to the door and opened it to find two guards stiffly standing on either side. I rolled my eyes and left out into the hallway. From the hallway, I could tell we were in a hotel. I could see Giorgio from down the hall and met him halfway.

"You're awake." he greeted me with a smile

"Yea and hungry."

"What do you want?"

"I don't care, just food."

"Where's Gio?"

"In there on the phone." I rolled my eyes

"He let you just walk out?"

"He doesn't care." I rolled my eyes

"That's where you're wrong."

"I would really love to hear this story, but I am literally starving."

"Okay, I'll bring you something back."

"You want me to stay here...with him?"

"Of course. You guys have some making up to do." he teased

"No we do not." I said sternly

He gently grabbed my chin to inspect my face.

"Put some ice on that."

I moved my head away from him.