II

I woke up the next morning feeling good about myself and decided to dress up more than usual for work. I applied some makeup and added some braids to my signature bun.

By doing the extra work, I realized I missed a few trains and had to run in my work flats to the station. I made it to my desk in the nick of time, nearly out of breath. After regulating my breathing, I got to work on this month's report. I was due to present my paperwork in about a week and I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. About an hour into my zone, I was called into Mr. Banks' office, again.

On the way there, I began to think of the reasons why he had called me in this time. My mind drifted to yesterday's interview and I grew nervous. Mr. Amanté probably told Banks about my attitude during the interview and now I might get reprimanded for it.

When I approached Banks' door, I took a deep breath to calm myself down before entering his office. I was surprised to see Mr. Amanté sitting behind Mr. Banks' desk, while Banks was sitting in front like he was a pupil in trouble with the principal.

"There she is, please have a seat." Mr. Amanté said with a little too much enthusiasm

I did as I was told and took a seat next to Banks with a suspicious look on my face.

"We are here to discuss your interview Ms. Taylor." Mr. Amanté said

I knew this was coming so I took a deep breath and nodded for him to continue.

"You definitely stood out and I have never interviewed such an intriguing person. Your personality caught my attention and I would love for you to join me on our international venture with Amanté & Co."

I was shocked. He did not just say what I think he did, did he? He liked my personality and he was offering me the job. I was too stunned to speak.

"Well say something." Mr. Banks spoke up

"Yes! Of course, thank you." I finally said with a smile

"Good. Our first destination is in China. Be ready to go four days from now at six in the morning. We will send a car for you at your home. The driver will take you to the airport where you will meet my brother and I on the plane. We will brief you on the way there. Any questions?" Mr. Amanté explained

"No, not right now." I replied

"Okay and if any come up then you can call me or text, whatever you're most comfortable with." he smiled

"Thank you, Mr. Amanté-"

"Giorgio, just because we're working together, it does not mean we have to be formal." he said

"Okay, Giorgio, thank you very much. I'll see in four days time." I said before shaking his hand

I left the office with the biggest smile on my face. I could not wait to tell my family. I finished my work for the week and turned in the paperwork. It was technically my last assignment.

While on the way to my neighborhood, I researched some things about China, such as the weather. Tomorrow I planned to shop for some new clothes to celebrate. There was so much I had to do before I left.

I called Langston and I told him the good news and he offered to help me with getting things for my trip since I was without a car.

He took me to the mall, even though he hated shopping with me. I made a checklist and he helped me secure everything on it. If I hadn't known any better, I would have thought Langston was the one going on the trip since he was so excited.

Saturday could not have came fast enough. I woke up energized and ready to go. My weave was freshly sewn in and I was feeling myself.

I put on some makeup, but not too much. I had everything packed and ready to go, at least I was hoping that I had everything. China was a far place to go without having some of the essentials.