chapter 40

Hello everybody

i hope you are more than well

i was reviewing my profile the other day and couldn't help but be amazed about how many people have fanned me

i just couldn't believe it

Thank you all so much for your love your kindness and your support

I am honestly doing my best with these stories just to be worthy of your fondness towards me

I wish i could say something more but i guess the word thank you is quiet sufficient when you really mean it like i do now

Many kisses to you all!!!!!!!!!

================================================================================

edited by proloogue92

_______________________________________________________________________________-

Chapter 40

When Nicholas left with his father to go get the herbs, Maya felt very self-conscious being alone for the first time with her future mother in law. They had not even been formally introduced to each other and she already knew Maya was knocked up. Some first impression she must have made. She was sprawled on the bathroom floor, her hair was a mess after last night's lovemaking with Nicholas and six hours of sleep afterwards, her face ashen for sure and in general, a mess. She was still in her evening gown, that was not much since it was supposed to be sexy and turn on for Nicholas (that goal had been achieved), but it certainly was not formal attire to meet your in-laws. Thanks god his father had not come to the bathroom too. That would really be embarrassing.

She hoped Nicolas's mother had not made him leave so that she could throw Maya away from his apartment, or berate her for trapping her son with a pregnancy. This was Nicholas's baby and she would defend its right to have a father in its life no matter what. She would not leave without a fight, even though she was in no condition to fight right now. That thought elevated her stress levels and she began to vomit again. Nicholas's mother gathered her hair and swept the sweat from her forehead and neck lovingly.

“Aaahh, sweety! You are having it bad aren't you? I know it doesn't help but the worse the first months for you, the better the baby comes out. I mean look at Nicholas. I could not stop vomiting each morning till the fifth month of my pregnancy.” She tried to make her feel better about the whole ordeal of morning sickness.

“Fifth month? Oh god!” No way would she not be able to handle this for two more months. She would end up in the hospital for certain.

“Well, when Nicholas comes back, I am going to make you a remedy that will help you a lot. Plain tea helps mild cases of morning sickness; more severe cases need extra herbs. A friend in college was Native American and knew the best remedies for everything. I used to drink it when I was pregnant and it had helped a lot. I had even shown it to my ob/gyn and he was impressed. He had assured me that it was baby friendly.” Maya smiled at that and placed a protective hand to her belly.

“Is your stomach any better? Do you feel like throwing up again?”

“No, I think I am done for now.”

“Here, let me help you get to bed.” Mrs. Larkson said and held her from her hand.

“I want to wash myself first. I will take a quick shower and then I will go to bed.”