chapter 13

Hello everybody!!!!!! i found some wifi and i am updating again....

Hope you like my story so far!!!

Thanks a lot for supporting it!!!
XXXXX

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 13

Maya's POV:

Maya practically run back to her office only to collapse to her office chair. Thank god for the unexpected meeting that Nicolas had to attend. She was certain there was no way she would be able to concentrate and work with him at this point after their discussion.  She did not expect for this discussion to go that way for sure.  She expected them to have a huge fight, not him apologizing like he did.

She should be mad at him for making her think even for a little while that someone saw them leaving together from the party. The moment he had said those words she felt like the earth she was stepping on disappeared under her. Like a déjà vu she imagined all her colleagues to make fun of her. She could hear them saying that she tried to seduce her boss into sleeping with her for better job opportunities, but finally being rejected by him after one time sleeping with her. She just could not bear to live something like that for a second time. It was too much for her!!! She knew she had started mumbling things but right now she really could not recall any of it. She hoped she did not make an even bigger fool of herself.

But she was not mad at him. Right now she felt totally exposed around him. After what she had said to him "I want to ride you". Where did she find the nerve to tell him such a thing. She was not hypocritical enough to say that she really had not thought about it yesterday when she first saw him, and today for that matter.

Well hell two days in his company and she was turning to a nympho. And he had already rejected her. Too bad she did not remember sleeping with him. She bet it was grand! For her anyway because he obviously was relieved that she did not want to resume their sexual relation. After she explained what had happened and that she was not trying to ensure anything (like a relationship for example) with him, he was a new man. He was kind to her and he even asked her to call him Nicolas. Talk about being relieved... 

At least she got to keep her job. That was something. Ya well except from refrain from sleeping with him he also wanted her to do some work... So she had to reassemble her mind which seemed like a scatted puzzle now, and get some work done. Easier said than done but she had to try. She called July and asked her to order for her a couple of cups of herbal tea. That always soothed her nerves and she really needed that now.

Nicolas's POV:

As soon as Maya left his office he left the air he was holding back go. He had not realized he was holding his breath until he heard the sound of his breath exiting his lungs. That was one very intense meeting with an equally unexpected ending. The previous night when he had decided to apologize to her, he had imagined that she would be really pissed at him and not accept his apology. He was even afraid that today she would come up to him with a letter of resignation or even a lawsuit for harassment. Ok the last one was a little bit farfetched but the truth of the matter was that he really did not know her, even if yesterday she tried to behave as best as possible while they were working together.

Well this meeting turned out to be an entirely different story. Maya wanted to speak to him about the other night they spent together. After he had shown her that he would not be exploited at work no matter what kind of personal relationship they might had and after the way she had left his home after sleeping with him, he was certain that she would not want to have anything to do with him on a personal or professional level. Instead she insisted that she explained things to him and then she dropped the bomb that she had no recollection of their night together. In the beginning he did not believe her. How could such an earth shuttering experience be forgotten? He sure thought that he would never forget it as long as he was alive. But there she was, looking at him with shame and extraordinary innocence that totally baffled him. There was no reason to feel shame for what they did. In his opinion they had shared something beautiful, she was naughty and classy at the same time. It was like he was cherished by a flame. And he was certain by her reactions that night that she was not faking it! Then again why did she leave like that the morning after?

His head was beginning to throb. The more he thought of it the more he came to the conclusion that it was quite possible that she was telling the truth. It was a very good explanation on why she was so carefree at the party, free of inhibitions. She was drunk. And on why she run from his apartment the next morning. She had no idea where or whom she was with. So that meant that her surprise yesterday morning when she saw him was genuine. All these little details added up but he needed to be sure. So he decided to throw a little decoy. That is why after her declaration that she did not want anyone from the office to know what happened between them that night (that stung a little bit by the way), he asked her how she was so sure that someone had not noticed them leaving together, knowing that they had left separately and reunited a couple blocks away from July's house, so it was nearly impossible for them to be seen.

That was no decoy. That was a bomb. She was shocked. She panicked and that is when the mumbling begun. Her face emptied of color once again and she seemed like she was going to faint. Thank God she sat down or she would drop on the floor for sure. He did not expect such a thing. She really seemed to be telling the truth. She did not want anyone to know about them. She had no intention of getting advantage of their personal relationship. On the contrary she was referring to her old job, and how everyone gossiped about her there. Did she have an affair with her boss there too? He did not like that thought. Was it like a pattern of hers to sleep with her bosses? She really seemed upset about it so he guessed not. But it was something that he would have to look into.

He was lost in his thoughts for a little while and when he looked at her once again she was still mumbling in utter misery. He did not expect such a thing. He was not a horrible person, he could not leave her in such a state. That is why he told her what had really happened that night. The color returned to her face with a vengeance. Especially after the part about her telling him she wanted to ride him. He really liked that part, but from her reaction it was something that even though she seemed able to have thought of it, she would have never said it sober. This whole situation was taking a totally different turn. He had a lot to learn about his new employee... Not now though. Now they had work to do. One more glance to her verified that she was in no condition to work. Her hands were still trembling and her mind did not seem to be in a better condition. He had to give her a chance to regroup. So he told her that she had an external appointment. She offered to start working with him and to accompany him on his appointment even if she did not seem feet to do so. He appreciated that. It showed good work ethics. He reassured her that he needed to go alone and she left his office. Now he had a lot of things to look into. He had to find out what had happened to her previous job and since he had self exiled himself from his office today he would take advantage of his time to learn as much as he could. After all they had covered many things with Maya the previous day, after working nonstop so he could have a day off today.

____________________________________________________________

I really hope you liked it!!!

kisses everybody