chapter 17

i well i found some time today and i finished this chapter....

it is Nicolas's next morning....

i hope you will like it

XXX

______________________________________________________________

Chapter 17   

Nicolas woke up feeling like his head was going to split in two. He really overdid it last night. And last noon for that matter. He could not believe that he had drunk and drunk for so many hours. He really felt bad not only for the way Maya’s ex had treated her but also for the way he had treated her. She had always been excellent in their dealings while he was away and had never given him reason to doubt her. And after that morning when she had woken in his bed and left while he was in the shower, he was ready to condemn her for all the crimes of humanity. Damn his pride. It got the better of him and made him act like a complete jerk. Yesterday, every time he remembered the way he had given her hell for having a flat tire and then throwing her her purse, he downed a shot of vodka. He usually drunk whisky, but in between his glasses of old whisky last night he made sure to have some shots of vodka. Just to make the mix in his stomach even worse. He was surprised he had not thrown up after all that alcohol last night.

Thank god the bartender did not let him drive home. He was in no condition to drive no matter how much he insisted he was perfectly fine. He was a very good bartender. He would tip him really good today when he went there on lunch break to get his keys. He was also a very good listener. Nicolas had told him all he had found out that day about Maya but also all about his feelings for her. Ya he had feelings for her. Liquor was good in loosening his inhibitions and when his subconscious took over he had no problem admitting how he felt about Maya. He was falling for her fast. So there goes his policy about not sleeping with his employees. Because the way he was going, there was not a chance he could restrain himself from attempting a relationship with her. The more he thought of it the more sense it made to him. She seemed like a really nice person so far and they were very compatible in bed. Too compatible… Heart attack compatible. Momentary thinking of their night together gave him a hard on from hell. So, cold shower for him this morning. Like every morning since that night. He could not help himself from dreaming of Maya each and every night.

“Not doing well Nicolas. You keep rationalizing everything about her. You are in trouble. Big trouble.” He said looking at his huge protruding erection and he practically ran to the shower.

Fifteen minutes later he god out of the shower practically freezing, downed some painkillers for his headache and left for the office. When he got there he called July and asked her to bring him a double latte. He really needed some caffeine in his system and the milk inside would probably settle his stomach. He felt like it was still full of alcohol that had not yet been absorbed. But he did not feel the need to throw up. That was his curse. No matter how much he drunk he never could throw up. When July entered his office holding his cup of coffee he looked at her as a savior…

“Thanks so much July. And if it is possible bring me one of these babies again in an hour or so. I feel I am going to need a refill”

“What happened Nicolas? Sorry for what I am going to say but really look like hell. Did something go wrong yesterday?”

“No don’t worry everything is fine. After I finished my meeting I met some friends and we had some drinks for old time’s sake. I just did not sleep much. Nothing a cup of coffee or two won’t cure.”

“I will make them three just to be sure” July winked at him

“That a girl! I knew I hired you for some reason” Nicolas teased her

“Remember that when the time to give me a raise will come boss” July grinned.

“This conversation is getting out of hand. We have work to do” he chuckled.

“Right! Got it! I will be back in an hour”

“Thanks a lot. Oh and please when Maya comes, send her in and tell her to bring the Anderson’s file with her.”

“Ok boss. Maya is already here I will tell her to come.” July said and turned to leave the office but before exiting she turned back

“Oh I almost forgot. You had an appointment yesterday noon with Mrs Summers. You had not told me to cancel it and when she came I told her that you had a family emergency with your mother that happened on the last moment and we did not have time to notify her about the cancelation. I rescheduled her for today at three. I hope you don’t mind”

“Agggh I totally forgot about her. Thanks for covering for me!!! I hate it that she always throws herself at me but she is a valuable client here.” Nicolas groaned

“Ya I know that. As I know that she always insists that she talks with you. That is why I did not ask Maya to handle her”

“She would not accept it anyway. And I am sure Maya would be disturbed if she rejected meeting with her.”

“You are right. When I told her about Mrs Summers she did seem annoyed with her.”

“Oh you told her?”

“Yes! Shouldn’t I have told her? I am sorry”

“No no it is ok I had every intention to include Maya in the meeting with Mrs Summers so that she can handle her from time to time when Mrs Summers sees how capable Maya is. Now I fear Maya has a bad beginning with her…”

“Oh I would not worry about that Maya is very professional and I am sorry to tell you but the reason Mrs Summers wants to speak only to you, is not that she thinks your other staff are incapable of handling her business. She just wants sweet talk you to having an affair with her.”

“As if that will ever happen” Nicolas said sarcastically

“Well apparently she keeps hoping you will give in at some point”

“Today she will be introduced to Maya and she will learn to deal with her too.”Nicolas started to get really irritated.

“Hey boss don’t shoot the messenger. You want me to send Maya in right away?”

“Just give me a couple of minutes to drink some coffee and then she can come in. Thanks you again for rescheduling my appointment.”

“Sure thing boss. That’s why you pay the big backs” July winked at him and exited the office

“I need to give that girl a raise” Nicolas mumbled to himself and drunk two big gulps of coffee.

______________________________________________________________

So we saw a little bit of Nicolas's feelings evolving....

i really hope you liked it!!!

i am not sure when i will be able to upload again!!!

Big thanks to all of you who honor me by reading and voting my story!!!

kisses

XXX