chapter 12

hello everybody!!!!! so this is a big chapter for my standards... i liked it a lot!!!!

i don't know when i will be able to upload again....

kisses to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12

"May I come in sir? Maya asked after knocking on Nicolas's door.

"Yes of course Miss James, I was expecting you. I need to talk to you about something" He was at his office window with his back to her. He seemed to be contemplating something.

"And now he is going to announce me that I am fired" Maya thought. She froze temporarily at the thought but then she decided that if this was going to be their last encounter, he was going to hear her side of the story.

"Yes there is something I want to talk to you about too" she replied to him and was ready to start telling him about the night of the party, when he quickly interrupted her.

"Before you say anything, I would like to apologize about my behavior last night. It was totally uncalled for. You were a perfect professional to me yesterday all day long and I should have been more civil while giving you your purse"

Maya was speechless. She did not expect him to apologize to her, although she was a little bit disappointed that he regretted not being professional and not the fact that he hurt her feelings by humiliating her. Well she didn't know why she wished something different from him. After all he was her boss that accidentally slept with a night where she got drunk, and did not even remember it as a matter of fact.

"Focus Maya. Now is your chance to explain yourself over that night." She encouraged herself.

"Mr. Larkson I understand that you probably felt my behavior was inexcusable two days before. That's why I wanted to explain myself about some things." She told him.

"There is no reason to explain anything Miss James. We had a night together. You made it perfectly clear that that was it and now are relationship is back to strictly professional. I actually appreciate that, because I don't usually have sexual relationships with my employees. It can be awkward on our work field."

After that comment Maya couldn't help but feel hurt. He was relieved they were not in a relationship. Well no news there. Apparently she was not enough for a man and they always seemed to realize it after they slept with her. Maybe what that slut girlfriend of her ex was right and she was so bad at bed that men tend to leave her afterwards.... well she was not going to leave that affect her work. He hired her for her work skills not how good she was in bed!

"I still think I should clarify what happened that night for our better future relations. Work wise of course."

"Ok if you feel we must"

"I do! That night of the party it was the first time after many months that I had gone out to have that much fun and that much to drink. I know that that might seem to you too many details, but I am trying to explain to you why I got so drunk!"

Nicolas laughed a little and Maya could not stop herself from thinking how handsome he was when he smiled!

"It is ok miss James I was a little bit tipsy myself that night since it was the first time for me to unwind a little bit after so much time that I was away for work."

"Yes but what I am trying to say is that I hadn't had time to eat something that day and got drunk a little bit early on the party. To be perfectly honest I don't even remember meeting you that day... let alone what happened after the party. So when I woke up in your bed the next morning I had no idea where I was or with whom, I got panicked and left the house running. Nothing like this has ever happened to me and I freaked out." The last two sentences where spoken barely audibly. It was evident she was deeply ashamed of what she had just admitted.