chapter 3

Hello!!! Thanks you for reading my story!!!!

In this chapter we get an idea of Maya's past...

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

edited by prologue92

=================================================================================

Chapter 3

Maya left Christy and went to the bathroom to take a bath instead. She filled the bathtub and got inside. Taking a bath always helped her relax and do some serious thinking. Christy was right, the past months she had been working too much. No matter how much she wanted to excuse her actions, she knew the real reason behind everything. JD had really hurt her. They had been going out for almost four years, since the first month she had begun working in her previous job. They were colleagues and made a great team professionally. She had accidentally gotten pregnant seven months ago and was thrilled about it. After all that time they were dating, even if they hadn’t planned such a thing she saw it as the next step in their relationship. Apparently, she was the only one. JD did not tell her right away that he did not want the baby, but as soon as he learned the news he became very distant. He did not want to come to her doctor’s appointments, started working late hours and avoided seeing her after work hours.

She could never forget the night she found out the truth. She had realized that something was wrong. So, she went to talk to him at the office one night, he was supposed to work late. Again. As she entered his office, she heard a woman laughing and couldn’t imagine what a woman was doing in his office at that kind of hour. A few seconds later, she came face to face with the bitter truth. JD was having an affair with his secretary. He didn’t even have the decency to be embarrassed and his slut of a secretary proudly told her that they had been sleeping together for the past 5 months, and that he would have broken up with her a long time ago if it wasn’t for the baby. He didn’t deny it. She felt her whole world crumbling down in a second, but she didn’t want them to see it. So she told him that they were over. Also, pointing the fact that she could and would raise her baby alone. He or she was better off, than with a father like him.

She left the office, running towards her car. All she wanted to do was to get home and cry.But she got no such chance. A few miles before reaching her house, a drunk driver hit her car and she was brought to the hospital. The doctors could not save her baby due to extensive bleeding in the abdominal area. It was a pretty little girl whom she couldn't even hold in her arms, her baby. Some would say it is the perfect end to every problem. But to her, it was not so; in a short span of an hour she had lost her boyfriend and most importantly her baby. When she saw him with his secretary she thought that she wouldn’t be able to stand the pain, but after losing her baby that pain seemed like a joke; a sick one, but a joke nevertheless.

She stayed at the hospital for almost a month. Three of her ribs were a little bit broken and her uterus had suffered a lot of damage. The doctors told her that it would probably take up to three or four months to heal so that she could have her monthly cycle. All the time she was at the hospital, JD never came to see her, proving her once more that she had totally wasted four years of her life on a totally worthless man. Only her parents and her friends visited her trying to provide some kind of consolation.

When she left the hospital and returned to work, she immediately informed her bosses that she wanted to quit, she provided them a month of time to find a replacement, and also to complete her unfinished business. That was one tough month for her. Not only did she have to see her ex-boyfriend flaunting his new girlfriend/secretary, but she had to hear the gossip around the office. That slut had rumored her version of the story, making people believe that JD had been in love with her and wanted to dump Maya, so May had deliberately got pregnant to trap him into marriage. When Maya, as the story progressed, supposedly saw that that didn’t work; she deliberately had an accident to make him feel sorry for her and come back to her. As if she would want to get back with that snake. The worst part of all was her having an accident deliberately, she couldn't even think about harming her baby. She couldn’t believe that there were people like that out here.

A sharp pain in her belly got her out of her retrospection. She had probably spent too much time in the tub. Her belly was still sensitive from the operation and the silliest things made it hurt. Having participated in god knows what kind of aerobics last night with Mr. Stranger did not help either. That thought brought her back to her current problems. She had a phone call to make. She got out of the tub, dried her body and put on some fresh clothes. When she exited her bedroom, she found Christy half asleep on her couch watching cartoons.

“What took you so long? I was about to come and look for you. Did you sleep in the tub or something?”

“Or something?” she replied and went to the kitchen to get some coffee. When she returned to the living room Christy was waiting for her with phone in one hand and her cup of coffee in the other.

“Call already! I am tired of waiting”

“Nobody forced you to stay”

“Stop being such a baby and call”

She took the phone with trembling hands and dialed July’s number.

............................................................................................................................................

Hope you liked it!!!!!