chapter 31 again

and again....

sorry guys....

edited by prologue92

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 31

Nicholas and Maya ate peacefully and Maya went to sit in the sofa to watch the news. Nicholas came up and sat with her and evidently Maya ended up in his lap. They sat in silence; both busy in their musing, Maya was trying to get used to the idea of a baby growing inside her again and Nicholas dreaming of the future he could have with his two fairies. July called from the office and informing them that everything was fine there and they need not worry about a thing. She was worried about Maya; asking if everything was ok with her. Nicholas reassured her that Maya was fine and that she would have to take it easy for a little while. After he hung up, Maya broke their mutual silence by making her point of how she planned to handle everything.

“Nicholas, I don't intend to endanger this baby in any way and I promise I will always be careful, but I am not going to stop working. It is not like I am lifting weights or anything in my line of work. I can easily manage the deals at the office till the time to deliver. And then when the baby comes I will have to stay home for a little while but after a couple of months I am sure we will be able to figure something out for me to return to work.”

Nicolas was watching her bemused. She never failed to amaze him. She had already proved that she was not anything like his previous assistant who took advantage of her relationship with his friend to skip work, but to insist that he let her work until she gave birth. And that she would come back to work after only two months of staying at home. Well she was one amazing piece of work. He wanted her to be happy but he did not intend to work her to exhaustion, and a pregnancy drained mummies of their energy. He knew that and he would protect her even from herself if he had too.

“Sweet fairy, you don't have to worry about things like that. I am not going to lock you inside the house or anything. You can come to work as long as you wish to, as long as that does not hurt you and the baby fairy inside of you. We will go today to your doctor and we will follow his advice on all the subjects. But I am warning you if the doc says that you should not work, I might have to tie you to the bed. That way I will be able to have my way with you whenever I want.” He teased her, trying to relax her.

“Mmmm I like that idea, if you are willing to stay in bed with me all the time.”

“That doesn't sound too bad. Nine months with you on a bed. That sounds heavenly.”

“Well, I am not sure you will think like this when I start getting fat and my belly will be like it is about to explode.”

“You are being silly fairy. You can't imagine how proud it will make me to see your belly grow with my baby inside of you. It is the best gift you could ever give me. You are going to be more beautiful than ever when you are nine months pregnant.” He said honestly and she hugged him closely to her.

Half an hour later, her doorbell rang. Nicolas was the one to get the door, he did not want her to get tired especially after the day she had.

“Hello Nicholas. How is my girlfriend doing? You are depriving me of her company too often. I never get to see her anymore. And you are always here when I come nowadays.” Christy entered the apartment and went straight to the sofa.

“Christy! Don't be rude to Nicholas. After all you are the one that wanted me to be in a relationship and be happy.” Maya pouted.

“Aaah! sweety you know I love you. Does he make you happy?”