chapter 9

Chapter 9

Maya's POV:

The moment I heard him saying that the previous day I had forgotten my purse at his place I nearly fainted.

I did not expect something like that. After he had not mention anything of the previous night or my purse all day i had assumed that i had left the damn think at July's. Not for a minute did I expect him to throw it at me at the last minute possible, while I was leaving. That was soooo petty. After spending the whole day in his office without even a little break, working my butt of and he still treated me like that rudely. I felt my blood boiling inside my whole body. I grabbed my purse and got quickly out of his office. But not before I told him not to call me Mrs. any more. It bugged me all day as if he wanted to add adultery to my apparently inexcusable sins. And then I quickly closed the door behind me before he had the chance to respond. Because if I had to tell him one more word, it would not end to a polite conversation. Oh no! I would give him a piece of my mind with very very bad words and be jobless again. I was furious beyond words. So I run to my office, dropped my purse and files on my desk and run to the bathroom.

Trying to impress the big jerk I hadn't even taken a bathroom break all day. Ya well bravo me. Now I could be jobless and with a broken bladder. After that last incident it was obvious that even if I decided not to quit he would eventually fire me. But why did he not tell me right away? Well that is easy to answer. He probably wanted me to debrief him on the deals I handled while he was gone. Yap that was probably it. SOOOO I should start searching for a new job AGAIN as soon as I get home. Someone up there sure seems to be having a lot of fun with my life.

I was still in the bathroom washing my hands when I looked in the mirror. I looked like hell. My cheeks were red. So red like I had never seen them before. My hair were like I had placed my finger on plug for a second or two. Nice. Look how good my boss is for my health. I tried to straighten my hair and rinsed my face with a lot of water until the color returned to its normal color. With the water of course went off and all my make up, but I really did not care. I was leaving for home right away. I exited the bathroom and went to my office to get my things. I did not even try to file the files I had dropped on my desk. I just I saw that a few cars ahead of me Nicolas was walking towards my car. I pretended not to see him, started my car and left. I didn't want to talk to him again before I had some time to cool off and process all that had happened today. And I shouldn't call him Nicolas even when I am talking to myself. I don't want to accidentally address him like that after he has been adamant all day to call me by my last name.

Nicolas's POV:

The moment Maya left the office I felt like a total jerk. For a guy adamant to keep things professional, it was very unprofessional of me to give her her purse like that. I should have send it to her by post or left it at some point in her office. But I had done none of these things. I humiliated her by leaving until the last minute to give her the purse in the way I did. Without previously having any kind of discussion over what we had shared. That was very mean of me and now I felt really bad. That was not me. I never treated women like that. I respected them.

So why had I reacted like that? It was probably the fact that she was so professional all day long. She didn't complain that I deprived her of her lunch break and did not mention the fact that we had slept together, or why she left like that the next morning. It was my damn ego again that made me react that way. And if I wanted to be totally honest with myself, I had to admit that she was ruining my patience all day with her great looks, her sexy lips that pouted when she disagreed with something I said and her smell. Oh God that smell was driving me crazy all day. It was more than once that I spaced out today while she talked to me because her incredible smell reminded me of the night we had spent together.

“Watch it Nicolas!!!!! If you keep it this way you are going to fall head over heels for her. And ain't that the epitome of professionalism.

I had to apologize to her. Tomorrow when she came to work I would call her to my office and apologize. That was the correct thing to do. While I was trying to arrange my thoughts, I arranged my files on my desk and got ready to go. It was a really long day and after not having much sleep the previous night, I really needed to get home and have a nice dinner in front of my TV. It was basketball night tonight, and I really hoped it would relax my nerves a little bit. When I exited my office I realized everyone was gone. I had really kept the meeting with Maya too long today. As I reached the parking lot I saw her entering her car and thought that maybe I should apologize today. But before I had the chance to reach her car she left pretending she hadn’t seen me. And I couldn’t blame her for that. I am sure she thought I had more insults to throw on her. I could not avoid noticing though that she looked so good. She seemed not to wear any make up anymore and she looked just radiant, much better than before. And to think that he usually liked his women to be dolled up.

“She is not your woman man, and after your behavior today I doubt you would have any more chances in the future.” The little voice in his mind was back again. I have to apologize fast! For my sanity’s sake. Well tomorrow then……

______________________________________________________________

I am sorry for not updatind sooner...

I hope you liked it....

Tell me your opinion on it!

many kisses to everybody!!!!!!!!