chapter 22

hello sweeties

sorry for not uploading sooner....

tell me if it was worth waiting

;-)

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22

“Whom are you looking for?”Christy asked Nicolas right before Maya had the chance to reach the door.

“Hello! Is this Maya James’s apartment?”

“Why yes it is? Who you might be?” Christy said with a teasing glint in her eyes.

“My name is Nicolas Larkson. I believe Maya is expecting me”

“Yes hello Nicolas I am sorry. Let me introduce you. This is my neighbor and friend Christy. Christy this is my boss Nicolas. We are going to be on our way now. So if you please when you finish eating my food, lock my apartment on your way out.”

“Nice to meet you Nicolas. Aren’t you going to come in?” Christy extended her hand to Nicolas and he took it in his for the briefest of moments.

“Nope, we don’t won’t to be late” Maya exited her apartment and practically dragged Nicolas with her not giving him a chance to accept the offer.

“Nice to meet you Christy. Maybe some other time.” He all but shouted while Maya had a death grip on his hand and was pushing him in the elevator.

“I’ll hold you to that” Christy shouted and closed the door.

“Well you were in a hurry to leave. You must be really hungry. Alexandro’s has great food and I am sure you will be satisfied” Nicolas said clearly amused by the whole situation.

Maya blushed at that comment. Which reminded her that she hadn’t eaten anything since lunch and that she would be extremely hungry at dinner. That would be bad because she did not intend to scare away Nicolas with her extensive eating habits. “No I just wanted to spare you the third degree from Christy. I told her that this was a business dinner but after your flowers arrived she couldn’t stop teasing me. By the way thanks you for the flowers they were beautiful. You shouldn’t have bothered.”

Nicolas smiled one of his heartbreaking smiles at her and said “It was no bother at all. Someone as beautiful and charming as you should be getting roses everyday”

Maya blushed even more and could not find anything to say to her. Her mind had gone completely blank. Lucky for her the elevator reached the ground floor and they had to exit. Nicolas showed her to his car and held open the door for her. That was a first for her since JD which was her longest relationship never bothered. He had also commented sometime that he thought it to be a sign of weakness for a woman to need the man to open the door for her. If a woman considered herself powerful and confident, she should do most things by herself. She did not agree with him but did not want him to think of her as week either so she had not spoken her mind on the matter. “You are out with your gorgeous boss and you are thinking of your scumbag ex boyfriend? Get a grip girl” her inner voice chastised her and she instantly turned her attention to Nicolas. He was wearing one of his well tailored suits that molded to his body accentuating his muscular form. She wondered what kind of sports he did to keep his body fit like that. When she moved to his face she saw him looking at her with an amused grin on his face. She was soooo basted ogling him. Once again she got red as a tomato and averted her eyes to the road ahead of them. They were near the restaurant which meant she must have been ogling him for a long time. She got even redder at that thought. “Way to go Maya on keeping a professional front” she told herself and tried to compose herself as much as possible with his nearness distracting her all over again.