Chapter 25 - From Good to Worse

Sorry guys. I got some homework to do over the vacation and my end of terms exams came up and I had to study on the bright side I got a B. Yay. I didn’t realize how busy it would be and in my free time I just wanted to relax but I’m back in a writing mood so hopefully I’ll update soon. But I’m sorry. I really am

But I realize nobody unfollowed which is hopefully a good sign and I actually really appreciate that. I wish I was that patient.

Btw I have ideas for the other book ‘The Love Of A Daughter’ but I’ll continue that one when this book is finished. Which should be soon because there’s like 6 chapters left or 5 or whatever.

I also got a class project to write a short story and I’m so used to writing stories that are like thirty something chapters so it should be interesting but who knows maybe after its marked and stuff I’ll post it. If I want to I guess. So anyway I don’t think I’ve ever done a recap thing before but I think it’s necessary so I’ll do it.

**Review

“Her! She’s the girl!” he yelled at them, pointing at Lucky, standing up now. He heard a sigh of relief coming from behind him and he turned around to smile at Lucky.

“You like me?” she asked, softly, looking confused.

“Of course I do” he said, feeling relief that she knew how he felt now.

“But…Sam” she muttered, looking torn.

“Isn’t good enough for you. I know you feel the same way Lucky” he said, feeling confident.

“I do” she said, a beautiful smile gracing her face.

“She’s not Sarah!” Mr Briggs yelled.

“That’s what I used to tell myself to stop myself from growing feelings for her. She’s not Sarah and she’s not. Sarah would have never thought to have blue hair or do something to end up in the principal’s office on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. Sarah would never think of piercing her nose or wearing some of the brightest outfits I’ve ever seen or ditching class or getting lost. Lucky isn’t Sarah. She’s different and that’s what I like about her” Carter rambled on. He grabbed Lucky’s hand and she stood up from the couch.

“That’s all. Good day” he said, walking out the house. They had only made it to the car when Lucky stopped walking.

“Wait. We’re not going to talk about this” she said, cocking one eyebrow.

“Not until you’re single” he said. She sighed and nodded, pulling her phone out.

“So you weren’t bluffing? You like me?” she asked, biting her lip nervously.

“Of course I do, Lucky” he whispered, tucking a strand of her midnight blue hair behind her ear. He had no idea where they stood but he felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.****

Carter smiled down at Lucky who had fallen asleep with her head on his shoulder. The bus ride was taking longer than it should have. The teachers were taking the class to some beach. He noticed his best friend, Nick, smirking at him and Lucky’s twin brother, Danny, glaring at the pair. He made a mental note to talk to Danny later. He had already received an earful from Lucky’s eldest brothers, Mikael and Junior since they had called her and he told her to tell them so he wouldn’t be maimed by surprising them with the news that they were together.

Just that thought brought another grin to his face. He had moved from refusing to admit he had feelings for Lucky to shouting it from the rooftops. He wanted the world to know.