Chapter 7 - Apologies

Picture of Maria >>>

“Happy Valentine’s day!” Carter exclaimed happily to Sara who simply glared at him. He smirked because he knew how much she hated this holiday but ironically it was the day they met so he felt the need to celebrate it with her. She grabbed the bouquet of flowers from his hand, muttering a ‘thank you.’ “C’mon Sarah, turn that frown upside down” he said, feeling cheerful.

“Go away” she said, trying to push him away from her front porch but Sarah was tiny so he knew that task was almost impossible.

“So I have our whole day planned” he started, studiously ignoring her request. “So go get ready!” he said, giving her a light push through the door. She mumbled something but he chose not to listen to it because it was probably nothing pleasant. She never was a morning person, neither was he but that day meant something to him. It was the day he met the love of his life.

“Carter man, wake up!” he groaned and turned over in his bed, ignoring whoever it was trying to wake him up. His dreams were the only way he could keep Sarah close somehow. The person kept shaking his shoulder so he reluctantly fluttered his eyes open and saw Uncle Sid, giving him a worried look.

“I’m up” Carter grumbled, sitting up on his bed and grabbing the nearest shirt which was slung over his bed and pulled it over his head. “Why did you wake me up?” he asked, feeling slightly annoyed.

“Someone is here to see you” his uncle said, getting up from the bed.

“Who?” he asked, he never invited anyone over.

“I don’t know but she’s pretty, so be nice” he said, leaving the room. Carter rolled his eyes and followed his uncle out to the living room. His eyes widened slightly when he saw Luck standing in the living room, staring at the ground. Her mysterious bruise which he had seen was hidden by her jacket.

“Hey Carter” she said, with a huge smile plastered on her face. He gave her a weak smile and cleared his throat awkwardly, waiting for her to explain why she was there. “I just came to apologize for snapping at you yesterday.”

He remembered that: he honestly didn’t know what came over him to become so worried for Lucky after he saw the large bruise on her arm.

“It’s okay, I shouldn’t have been prying so much” he said softly, with a shrug. Lucky smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. He was shocked at first, not knowing what to do but he eventually wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back, closing his eyes. The last girl he had hugged and meant it was Sarah. “So, is that the only reason you came?” he asked, trying not to sound too rude.

“Nope” she said with a smile, popping the ‘p’. “Do you want to go to the park?” she asked, with a cute smile. He sighed, remembering his promise to himself to try and make friends.

“Um…I don’t know…” he said, feeling hesitant.

“C’mon we’re friends right?” she asked, looking unsure. Friends? He figured they were simply acquaintances but since she confirmed it…

“Um yeah?” he said but it sounded more like a question. His expression faltered when he noticed a hurt expression on her face. “I’ll go to the park” he said after a while.

“Great! C’mon let’s go” she exclaimed happily, taking hold of his hand. He stared at their intertwined hands but shrugged it off. He saw her holding Nick and Daniel’s hands all the time too. It was probably just her thing. He chuckled lightly when she pulled him out of the apartment. “You live pretty close to the park so we could walk it” she explained, letting go of his hand.