Chapter 2 - Lucky

Picture of Lucky >>>>>>>>>

Yes Carter is depressing. I'm sorry xD

Carter felt nervousness at the pit of his stomach as he looked at the school. It was a huge brick building but that wasn't what intimidated him. It was the students. He didn't even come out of his car yet and people were already staring. He took a few deep breaths and carefully tucked his small picture of Sarah in his pocket.

As soon as he stepped out the car, more eyes were on him. He noticed the girls were staring at him and a few guys looked like they were sizing him up. He sighed and made his way into the school building calmly and made his way to the front office to talk to the principal. He sat down in one of the soft burgundy chairs and kept his eyes plastered to the pale green walls and closed his eyes, trying to relax.

"This can't be happening! Isn't there anything else I can do?" Carter groaned and opened his eyes as soon as he heard the sound of voices. He hadn't looked up yet but he knew it was a student complaining to the receptionist.

"I'm sorry. Can't you bear with it?" the receptionist asked in a patient voice.

"I'm not just going to bear with it!" the girl exclaimed. Carter looked up but he only saw the back of the girl's head. She had dark roots but most of her hair was dark purple and she was petite. He was sure if he stood next to her she would be almost a foot shorter than him and she had a slim figure. Her hands were waving wildly all over the place as she yelled at the receptionist. Eventually the girl sighed and took a seat next to Carter.

"This sucks" she complained. He looked at her wondering if she was talking to him or to herself. She seemed to be doing a bit of both. She had nice light brown eyes but even now Carter couldn't help but compare every girl to Sarah. This girl was fierce and Sarah was always soft spoken and only loud when he had to be and she had purple hair which was something Sarah would have never dared to do. She was pretty but she wasn't Sarah.

Carter swallowed when he realized that for every girl that might be his excuse. She's not Sarah.

"All I ask is for one schedule change but this school eats out of rich peoples' hands. It's disgusting" the girl continued. Carter hadn't even got a word in, not that he wanted one to begin with.

"Watch what you say young lady" the receptionist said, glaring at the girl through her glasses.

"I want to see my lawyer!" the girl said standing up. The receptionist rolled her eyes and went back to typing on her computer. The girl sighed and sat back down. Just then a man who looked to be in his early forties walked in.

"Ms Embry, what are you in here for this time?" the man asked, Carter could only guess that he was the principal. Even though his voice was monotone, his eyes held amusement. This girl probably got called to the office a lot, that much he was sure of.

"Welcome to the school Carter Nichols. I'm sure Ms Embry gave you an interesting introduction" the guy continued. "I'm Mr Walton" he said. Carter regarded him with a nod.

"Ms Embry what seems to be the problem?" he asked, directing his attention to the girl.

"For the last time Neil, call me Lucky" she said, rolling her eyes.

"For the last time, don't call me by my first name" Mr Walton reprimanded her, she just smirked and patted him on his back and walked out of the office. "Anyway Mr Nichols, welcome to my school, I know your uncle introduced you to Nick so you can go find him if you like" he said, making his way back to his office. Carter nodded and walked out of the office with no intention to look for Nick, he wanted to be alone.