Chapter 20 - Italian Bloodlines

Minor explanation: In LTTI, Shawna and Jhonny were best friends and they fell in love and their friends Harry and Jade were together as well and Lucky (obviously) is Shawna’s little sister. You don’t have to read the book but just clearing it up

Peace, love & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!

“So after we substitute the solution in the second equation, we replace the variable” the math teacher went on. Carter rested his chin on his fist and stared at the teacher blankly. He was fairly good at math but the teacher was one of the most boring, emotionless people he knew. He let an annoyed breath out and looked out the window. Math was his most boring class considering the only friends he had in the class were the guys on the football team but they all sat on the other side of the room.

He remembered he used to love math back in Washington because he sat next to Sarah and they would go on and on about how they needed math so that when they got married they would be able to add up their bills. Just then he caught sight of Lucky standing by the door. He cocked one eyebrow at her since her eyes were full of mischief. A look he knew all too well.

“Um excuse me sir” Lucky said , knocking on the door lightly. The teacher stopped his lecture about simultaneous equations and all heads turned to Lucky. “The principal wants to talk to Carter.”

The teacher gestured for Carter to go which he quickly did, happy to escape the class. He left the classroom, ignoring his classmate’s stares. They were probably wondering why the principal wanted to see him.

“Why does the principal want to see me?” he asked Lucky while they were walking down the hall. His stomach fluttered when she looked up and gave him a smirk.

“He’s not. I just got bored in Art so right now I’m supposed to be home resting because I’m gravely ill” she said with a shrug.

“Only you” Carter said, feeling amused. “So where are we going?” he asked.

“It’s a surprise” she said, he smiled when she took hold of his hand and they both started running down the hall. Her tugging didn’t do much but he sped up either way. He was surprised when they stopped and were in front of a door which said ‘Do Not Enter.’

“Um, maybe we shouldn’t” he muttered, he didn’t want to get in any trouble with the school.

“Don’t worry” she said, it didn’t escape his attention that she squeezed his hand. He closed his eyes when he heard the door opening and let Lucky lead him into the room.  He opened his eyes and saw a huge auditorium before him. There was a slightly aged grand piano on the stage. Why didn’t they let students in there? Granted there was another auditorium on the other side of the school. This one was a lot nicer.

“Wow” he muttered, looking around.

“Yeah, my sister found this place when she was in this school. She told me that this was the place where she unconsciously realized she liked Jhonny. I love their story, it gives me hope. She didn’t believe in love” Lucky said, leaning against one of the seats. Carter cocked one eyebrow at that.

“You don’t believe in love?” he asked.

“Not really” she said with a shrug. “Love isn’t for everyone. I’m one of those people.”

“After Sarah died, I stopped believing in anything” Carter said, feeling a lump form in his throat as he thought about her. “After a while, that changed.”

“You believe in love again?” Lucky asked. He gave her a sad smile and shook his head.

“Not yet. I believe things happen for a reason. That’s what Nick told me” he said, remembering his conversation with Nick.