Chapter 22 - Love Happens

Apologies to anyone who wanted to watch Love Happens but there are some spoiler alerts in here.

It’s a really good movie tho mainly cuz Jennifer Aniston is a boss and it was all funny and sad and stuff.

But yeah sorry for the Spoiler Alert.

But it’s easy to watch a movie when you know what’s going to happen, I’ve basically watched every Vampire Diaries episode and I’ve never even properly watched the show but you know…tumblr and a few stories on here.

I was gonna give something away but then I remembered my friend reads this book and she watches the show so never mind.

“Merry Christmas Carter!” Lucky exclaimed happily as soon as he walked through her front door. It was actually six days before New Years but Lucky and her family had went to Italy for Christmas so he didn’t get a chance to see her on Christmas day.

“Merry Christmas to you too” he said, pulling her into a hug. He rested his head on her shoulder, trying to savour the moment. He had missed her more than he should have. His feelings for her had gotten stronger but he was waiting for the class trip to Washington so he could visit Sarah’s parents to give himself some closure. The sound of someone clearing their throat broke him out of his thoughts and he looked up to glare at Nick who was sitting on the couch in between Maria and Daniel, who was glaring at the pair.

“Lucky! The movie’s starting” Nick called. Carter shook his head in annoyance knowing he was only doing it to annoy him.

“Hold your horses!” Lucky yelled, the pair walked into the television room. He took the seat next to Lucky and Nick started the movie.

“What movie is this?” Carter asked Nick who looked like he wasn’t excited at all for the movie.

Love Happens or something like that” he answered with a shrug, Carter figured that Maria must have chosen the movie considering she was leaning forward and staring at the screen and Nick was on his phone and Daniel had already fallen asleep. Lucky looked slightly bored as well. A lump in Carter’s throat as the main character started talking to a photographer about the death of his wife. It was similar to how Sarah died.

Carter found himself having to blink back tears for the duration of the movie as the plot unfolded. The main character had been hosting a grief seminar; he could have sworn his parents tried to send him to something similar to that at one point after Sarah’s death. For the past four months, since he moved to New York, his life had changed drastically, all thanks to the four people in the room with him but that didn’t mean he didn’t have his moments where he’d think of where he would have been if Sarah didn’t die.

He watched as the main character made his way into the love interest’s flower shop and confesses his feelings for her. The two kissed and then the credits started to roll.

He hadn’t noticed that he and Maria were now the only two who were awake. He felt the blood rush to his face when he noticed Lucky had her head on his shoulder and she was snoring lightly. Her midnight blue hair falling over her face. He smiled as he pushed the hair out of her face, her long eyelashes creating shadows on her cheeks and her mouth was open slightly.

Lucky was the polar opposite of Sarah. Sarah was sweet and soft spoken and a proper lady, yet Lucky was loud, crazy, rebellious with the blue hair to match and tomboyish. Carter knew Sarah was always his type but Lucky wasn’t, that’s what drew him to her even more. She was different.