Perfect Couples Make Me Sick.

"Ben, be nice." We weren't even an hour into the dinner and it wasn't going good...But, it wasn't going terrible either. 

"What?I'm just saying any half minded twi-," 

I cleared my throat. 

He stared at me and sipped his flask. "What I'm trying to say, Will, is I think what I'm doing can save music." 

"Its, Mr.Morgan to you and good music died a long time ago." 

This was always a discussion my father and Ben got into. It was my mom who didn't like him mostly. Emily's boyfriend hadn't arrived and I knew she was happy we showed up early. More time for mom and dad to hate him then not notice her boyfriend messing up. 

"So, mum...How's things been going?" 

"If you visited maybe you would know."She snapped. 

I looked away and Ben stared at her. He hated the fact they didn't like him. The fact she treated me like this when I was with him made him want to punch a wall. 

"Yes?"My mum took notice of him looking at him. 

"Your so rude to her." 

"Excuse me, she's my daughter. I can do that. You have no right." 

"Still. It's rude. She just wanted to know." 

"Ben." 

He looked at me for a second and the entire table fell quiet. My father looking away also. Looking at my mum who was glarign at him for not taking her side. 

Someone knocked on the door and Emily sprang up,"I got it!" She skipped out the room and out the terrible era.I sipped my water awkwardly and smiled as my mum looked at me.  

"Mum, Dad, this is Joshy." 

"Josh.Joshua." The guy smiled and waved small. He was a few inches taller then Emily's 5'4 and looked sweet. 

"Hello."I spoke nice and my parents did the same. Ben looked away and sipped some more. 

Josh's eyes went from my mum, my dad, then me a few seconds then finally his eyes rested on Ben. 

"Ben Bruce? Ah. Just lovely."He seemed to spat. 

"Like I wanted to see you again too." 

"Ha, trying to avoid my entire family? Aren't you nice?" 

"Uhhh."Emily looked from them to me. I shrugged then whispered,"Who?" 

"Josh Wegner. Dated both his sisters. Made em fight over me.'Member?" 

"You mean dumb and stupid?" 

"Yep." 

"How do you two know each other?"My dad asked, My question aloud. 

"He dated my sister and cheated on her with my other one. Both twins and his lie was, he didn't know which was which. Made 'em fight over 'im.He disgusts me." 

"Join the club,"My mum mouthed. She smiled and welcomed Josh. As if Emily was her favorite now and Josh was part of the family. I sat clenching my jaw and let my hand feel for Ben's. He knew I could only take so much of my family.  

"Do't talk like that.Ben's dating Alex.She's my older sister. Their best friends, he wouldn't do that."Emily defended Ben. 

Oh yeah, I forgot. As long as Ben was nice to me, My sister didn't cross over to the dark side and hate him. 

"Hey, we shoul go in another hour or two."Ben spoke soft.  

"Why?" 

"Album party. Last night we were too tired."