How It Happened

I continued speaking and I could see the irritation on Bens face. "He didn't hurt me obviously. But, he told me something about Josh."

"Alex he could be just saying shit to yo-,"

"He wasn't. He sounded genuine. But, he told me why Josh might hate you."

Ben rolled his eyes and turned. I know his sisters and whatever."

"His sister killed herself Ben." He looked at me over his shoulder. I went on. "He thinks thats why Josh is so caught up on getting back at you."

Ben looked at me with his mouth open. "I knew she died but, I didn't think it was my fault..."

I pressed my lips together and he stared at my stomach.

"I know you will probably hate me for saying this but... could we talk to him?"

I met his gaze and he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Or atleast just ask him? I don't feel comfortable leaving and knowing he has a personal vendetta out for us..."

"Especially with a kid." Ben rubbed his jaw and nodded. "I guess. But, if he does one fucking thing. Im going to kill him." He turned and went back to looking to for a shirt as if we spoke of nothing.

I wasnt sure if Ben was joking or not. Standing, I hugged him from behind. "Please, I'm getting sick of this." I buried my face in his back. "I kost my sister because of him."

He tensed and put his hands on mine and I felt him nod. "I'll try. But, I don't want you to get hurt...Much less our kid."

"I know. And I just want to move and have everything normal again..."

He turned and kissed me. "It will be. We'll atleast talk it out."

I smiled small and wrapped my arms around his neck. I drew him in for a kiss and closed my eyes. Just knowing he would try was enough.

"We have a checkup today." I smiled at Ben and put his breakfast on the counter.

He smiled lazily at me and I frowned. "What is it?"

He shook his head and began eating. "I was just thinking how much of a turn on it is to see you wearing nothing but my shirt while pregnant."

I rolled my eyes and sipped my glass of water.

"I seriously can't believe Im almost five months."

"Well, Give it four more and you won't be."He shrugged.

"Dont remind me... Im always so hungry."

He let out a laugh. "You always are. Pregnant or not."

I swatted his arm and leaned on my own. "So I talked to Stephen again."

"Yeah?"

"He is bringing Josh by the mall later so we can talk."

Ben lifted an eyebrow and chewed slower. "Well, atleast it's public."

I gave a half hearted smile and went to change for the doctors.

My father was nice enough to lend us his car while he worked, so we made it quicker to our appointment.

"Just lie on this bed and we can get started." I stared at the stiff bed and then Ben.

"Alex, I made you pregnant. Just lay down and open your legs." He sat across clearly smirking and the female doctor (thank god) stared at him.

"Well, Uh..." His choice of words even had her blushing.

"Shut up." I gave her an apologetic look and did as told.