20. Jae (Dak pt.2)

10 to go
*********
Dak

Today was the day both of the families were going to meet and discuss Reignee and EJ's realationship. Were were having a BBQ at my house for both families. The doorbell rang and before I could even turn to go get it. Reignee was down the stairs.

"Hello Mr. And Mrs. Elliot come in." I heard her say.

"Hi dear are your parents in the back yard?" I heard Zeke's wife Tasha say.

"Yeah we're back here." I said coming into the house.

"Wassup man." Zeke said dapping me.

"Nothing much come on back. Tasha, Jae is in the kitchen." I said.

"Alright thanks." She said.

We walked to the back yard and sat by the pool. I handed him a beer.

"Man I can't believe our kids are dating." He said.

"I know Reignee just sprung it on us." I said.

"EJ too. I cant lie I wasnt too thriled." He said.

"Me either man." I said.

"They seem to like eachother." He said looking at them and our other kids play in the pool.

"Yeah it seems that way." I said.

"I mean I approve if you do. As long as they dont do nothing stupid." He said.

"Yeah I approve I just hope they dont make the same mistakes we did when we were that age." I said.

"Tell me about it." He said taking a sip of his beer.

Your POV

Me and Tasha were in the kitchen fixing the other food.

"What did you make of it when Reignee told yall she was dating EJ." Tasha asked.

"I was shocked but I'm okay with it. It was Dak that wanted no part in it because he thought it would ruin him and Zeke's relationship." I said.

"They act like they are the ones married. Their kids they were going to talk whether we liked it or not." She said.

"I know my dad couldnt stand Dak but look 18 years later we are married with 2 kids. He got over it." I said.

"My dad thought Zeke only wanted one thing. He wanted that but he also wanted more." She said.

"Same, they just have to realize our kids are head strong just like we were at their age. At least they came to us and told us. DJ didnt tell us he was dating until him and the girl were dating a year." I said.

"Girl Nya was so scared to tell her dad. She texted him that she was dating someone." She said.

"I approve as long as they arent going out and getting into trouble." I said.

"Same." She said grabbing the pan and following me outback.

Hope you liked it jaesavage27