8. Dak

Based off the song "Too Many Years" Kodak Black ft. PNB Rock.

************

'Cause I done gave the jails too many years
Years that I won't get back
And I swear I done shed too many tears
For niggas that I won't get back
Yeah I got niggas in the graveyard
Niggas in the state yards
I swear not a day goes by
That I don't think about the times
I wish that I could rewind

You

I was led into the conference room where I saw my boyfriend and daughter Dreamah. I sat down and tried to hold my tears back. I wanted to be strong for my baby.

"Don't cry you'll be home soon." Dak said.

"We say that every time and my trial gets pushed back. Dak face it I may not be home for a while." I said.

"Mommy." Dreamah said.

"Yeah baby?" I asked.

"Stay strong." She said.

Dreamah was only 3 when I went in. She is now 5. She is starting to understand a lot and why I have to be here. I wish I could rewind that night.

Flashback

I was on the corner with my friend Kae we were just chiiling. I got into this life when I was young. I just couldn't find a way out. I had niggas in the grave yard and state yards. I knew I could get in trouble. We were talking when a car pulled up. A guy got out and I couldn't see his face. He grabbed me and shook me up. I reached to my side and all i remember was hearing BANG!.

End of flashback

I looked at my daughter who mirrored me. I would give anything to be home with my baby. This is the hand I was dealt, I just have to play it the best way I can.

"YN I love you, be strong you will be home soon." Dak said.

"I love you to." I said getting up.

2 years

I watched as the gates opened. I looked in the parking lot and seen Dak leaning up against a 2016 Escalade holding Dreamah. He set her down and she ran to me and jumped in my arms. I hugged her tightly and cried on her shoulder.

"I missed you mommy." She said.

"I missed you too baby." I said.

I walked over to Dak and hugged him and kissed him.

"I told you that you were coming home."

Question

Should I make this into a fanfic?