Chapter 39: In the arms of the enemy

Xander's P.O.V.

Her tears was imprinted on my mind and that begging sound for understanding. Those three words "I don't know". It was hard to see a loved one in pain.

I hoped that by getting answers from her we would have some sort of understanding of what this was all about. But instead we are left with more questions than answers – again. Who knew this girl had so many secrets all along?

Little innocent Sophie, is not that innocent after all, at least not in that way. The horrors she could have experienced, the questions she must had about her own life. All this time she has fought all by herself. This must have affected her somehow, right?

Jessie understood nothing and while I stayed in there talking to Sophie, Jeremy pulled Jessie out of the room and comforted her and told her everything we knew about her. I saw no reason to involve any of the girls in this matter, before I had to. And Jessie, we didn't even inform her about the background checking we were doing.

I love my little mate, all 3 of them, but being alpha is my priority and protect my mates is also my priority. I had to do this.

Sophie was sobbing into my shirt - begging for Jessie and Jeremy to come back, and only a few seconds later they came into the room again and comforted Sophie all they could. No kid should have to live like that, being in the dark and moving around.

Something about her story made me think of a dozen horrific scenarios. Whoever has been chasing my mate is in deep trouble. No one will ever scare my mate and get away with it. I will protect her. My pack will protect her. We will protect her. She will be safe. I only wish we found her sooner.

*

Evening came, Jessie and Sophie wanted to watch a movie together and have a girls night. And that is okay, Sophie asked for it, but no mistakenly it was Jessie's idea. She needed to be close to her, we all did, but tonight we'll let them be just the two of them.

It's a nice feeling seeing your mates bond. And them being girls understand each other and can see those chick flick movies, and do each other's hair, and talk boys – better be about Jeremy or myself. I know Jessie always felt left out a bit being the only girl before, we really tried to do girly stuff with her, but it is not the same you know.

And honestly I needed to calm down, someone had scared my mate, and I am not okay with that. I caught Jeremy spying on the girls from a small opening in the door. I grabbed him by his shirt pulling him after me and when he made an attempt to escape I grabbed his upper arm in an iron grip and pulled him after me to the basement.

The girls are safe upstairs. Jeremy on the other hand is in deep trouble.

"What was that for?" Jeremy hissed at me. I let go of his arm and in a swift moment I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him so close to my face that his surprised breath hit my face. His eyes locked on mine with annoyance and wonder. "What are yo...?". I didn't let him finish the sentence. I attacked his lips with my own pulling him so close that our bodies were touching, eager to get more contact.

He let me.

My hand crawled up from his neck,up along his hairline in the back and when it was long enough to grasp a handfull of his dark locks I pulled hard on it making his head tilt back and he let out a loud moan which was silenced by my tongue dominating his.

Our lips separated out of breath. We both gasped for air. "On your knees" I pushed him down by holding his hair and he obeyed like the sub he really is. Hoping he will make me forget what is troubling me.

*

Jessie's P.O.V.

"So have you ever felt attracted to a girl before?" I wanted to know, but I didn't mean to say it out loud. She obviously wasn't expecting it either. She blushed furiously, looked away and played with her golden locks very intensively, trying to hide her beautiful blush.

The answer scared me a bit, what if she has. Maybe I don't want to know. Obviously she loves me right? Why did I ask that?

"You don't have to answer that" I said unsure, she looked down at her folded hands. "Not before" It was only a whisper but it was there. A big smile spread on my lips, I tried to seem like it didn't affect me that much. But I was way too happy to keep it hidden from the world.

On instinct I gently lifted her chin up and her eyes met mine and for a what felt like eternity we just looked at each other and never have I seen her this clear. No matter how much I just wanted to look at this beauty, I had to hold her, touch her, taste her.

But even that didn't seem like enough. My greedy side took over and I put my lips on hers. She was taken by surprise and tried to move back, but when I didn't let go she craved in and kissed me back just as greedy as I kissed her.

Being in control is something I have always known I should be, but never really been allowed to. But now I have her, finally. I pushed her down on her back not letting go of her lips as we got down. I grabbed her thighs and lifted them upwards and around my waist.

*

Sophie's P.O.V.

Sitting in Xander's office waiting for him to finish packwork, he looked up at me and smiled "Just a few more minutes". I got up in a bold second and walked to him, he opened his arms for me and let me sit on his lap. He closed the map in front of him, "You my little mate have to let me hold you in my arms". I giggled at his words and leaned closer to him, letting him hold me tight.

I looked at the map in front of us on his desk "what is packwork anyway?" I asked curious and reached out to get it, he quickly snatched the map away from me, when he did a paper fell on the desk.

I picked up the paper, it had a picture printed on it, a house to be exact. The picture was of my house, one of them. "What is this?" I asked him nervous, are they stalking me? Xander took the picture and put it back in the map, "it's nothing you need to worry about".

I gave him an unsure look and reached out for the map, unsure of my intentions he put the map on his desk and let me open it and take a look myself. So many houses, so many cars, so many letters and addresses showed on the documents.

All of it, mine, all cars belonged to us at some point, all addresses I had to memorize and remember like it is written on my brain. These houses I lived in, all these houses we ran away from. A picture of my room, my toys, my bed.

"How do you have this?" I asked not taking my eyes off the pictures. My voice almost gave off my emotions. Xander held an arm around my waist and held me close "it's vampires, they change locations so fast, we have a hard time tracking them down".

Every word he said made a little cut in my heart. "This is not vampires" I turned to face him. All the memories flashing again like a never ending horror movie. He was clearly taken back and looked at me like I was going insane.

Maybe we were running from them? How else would they know all this and even say they have been tracking us down? Tears blurred my vision and I could not stand being in his arms that second.

"hey hey baby, what's wrong?" Xander tried to make me calm down and hold me closer, but I just couldn't be in his arms anymore. "Don't touch me" I got up from the chair and took a step back. "Soph, shh, what is going on?" Xander got up from the chair and looked at me worried.

I pointed down at the map, "That is my home, my bedroom, my family's house, you are the reason for my nightmares"I shouted at him, "Soph.." he tried still not getting the picture. "Leave me alone!" stormed out of the room smacking the door.

"Hey" Jeremy came up to me while I walked the hallway in anger, "you are crying, what happened?" he tried to grab me, but I pulled my arm away "don't touch me" I hissed at him "leave me alone" I raised my voice at him and started full on running down the hallway and towards the garden.

The door was blocked by guards who didn't want to move, and I had no energy to argue, I ran into the nearest room not caring who it belonged to and fell down on it crying my eyes out. All this time... it was them.

***

A/N enjoy!