Chapter 8: Hard to say

Sophie's P.O.V

"I did?" I asked Emma not believing my own ears. I didn't remember walking home or going to bed, but here I was. Faces kept crossing my mind, three faces, a girl and two men. They were talking and calling me 'little one' and 'mate'.

I knew them. I saw this car and this girl running with me through the school. I had buried my face in one of the men's shirts and I hugged him like my life depended on it. The smell of him was so intoxacting and almost too real to be a dream. Suddenly a brown wolf appeared in my mind and it had these insane looking eyes, black with a red ring around them, but i wasn't afraid of it - i knew it would never hurt me and the wolf was in reality a man.

Emma jumped off of me and sat beside me and smirked down at me "you know..." she started and I knew instantly where this was leading. She smiled "I could you know lie to mom and let this 'incident' pass" she continued, bribing me.

If mom figured out I skipped she would be devastated for more than one reason. It's hard to explain, but if she heard about the fire alarm and me skipping she would consider home schooling us and once again move. It's complicated.

I gave her an annoyed look "what are you up to?" I asked her already aware of this plan of hers was a really bad idea. She looked shocked, but only for a second before she shrugged it off "a girl from my English class invited me over" she gave her best innocent smile followed by the puppy eyes.

I shook my head "you can't go, you know the rules" I whispered unsure if mom was at home yet or still at work. Emma made even bigger puppy eyes, they were adorable, but I've seen them before – everytime I do it and look myself in the mirror to be more exact. It didn't have the same effect on me as it had on others.

She bend her head to the side "just do the usual, say that I am sick and when she comes inside you pretend to be me" she smiled pleading me to follow her plan. I shook my head, but I already knew that there was no point in fighting with her, she is unlike me very hotheaded.

I looked at her in disbelief, she really expected me to do everything she wanted me to, but it's always been her commanding me around and I have always listened. Somehow I just need to do as everyone tells me to, she shook her head and made an innocent face.

She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me close, really close, to the point where it became hard to breath. She is way stronger than me, in every possible way. "Best sister ever" she told me with a big satisfied smile @, even though i didn't answer we both knew this was how it would go. She got up from the bed and left in hopscotch.

I fell back on the mattress and gave a frustrated sigh.

I was kidnapped from school and came to a house with wolves, seriously Sophie - wolves? How sick is this, maybe I just ran home and fell asleep, the only logical and possible explanation, obviously I must have dreamt it all.

"It did happen" a familiar male voice spoke from the door startling me. I jumped in surprise and looked after the source, but no one was there, just me. The door creaked close slowly revealing a man. A man i thought i had only met in a dream. The big guy.

For an unknown reason I couldn't help but smile seeing him, it was real... Him, Jeremy and Jessie, the kisses, the hugs, the – you know. I got off bed and jumped into his arms unsure of what I was doing and why i was doing it. It was like I was enchanted around him and the two others. I felt like I had to be around them, like i had been missing them my entire life. Weird huh?

Xander's P.O.V

Having her in my arms again warmed my heart deeply. I rolled one of her curly dirty blonde locks between two fingers. I smiled down at her very satisfied, and lifted her chin up so that she was facing me, "this all happened and it's not over" I told her.

The last part was harder to say than I imagined. She was so small compared to me. I kneeled down in front of her so be were almost eye to eye, our eyes still locked together.
"There is something we didn't tell you" I started feeling my heart break. I knew it was wrong keeping it from her, but it felt wrong telling her as well.

Her mood changed into nervousness. I could see it on her and I could feel her emotions through our mate bond. "Little one, you might want to sit down" I told her looking her in the eyes, those amazing brown eyes.

She didn't move for a second. I would give everything to know what was on her mind at that moment, but mindreading is one of the few things I am not capable of.

When she didn't respond I got up and grabbed her hand and led her to the bed and sat down with her on my lap, at least I will have her close when I take her life as she knows it away from her.

She didn't say anything at all. She just sat on my lap and leaned her head on my shoulder. I had a feeling that she was scared of losing me, that thought comforted me. But I also knew that what i was about to say, was beyond worse than what she expected me to.

I had no clue of how to start, I have always been a charismatic man but now I was lost for words. I have always known what to say, but with her it was different. I felt vulnerable.

Jessie and Jeremy are wolves as well, they knew the moment we met what was bound to happen and accepted it without questions. But with Sophie everything is different, I feel more protective of her, the same goes for Jeremy and Jessie. We are wolves. She on the other hand is human and incapable of defending herself.

"We are leaving" that sounded so much worse than I meant it to, she looked up at me with a horrified look "you are leaving me, but you..." I stopped her by placing a finger on her lips "you are coming with us".

She looked shocked and shook her head "I can't, my mom needs me and so does my sister" she said. She looked really guilty. She didn't understand the seriousness in this... She had no choice.

I held her close to me and held her face against my chest. I just couldn't look her in the eyes.

***

A/N edited/rewritten May 2019

A/N Hope you like it. please comment and vote ! thanks for reading! i do now Xander changes mind... but he is fighting what he wants (take her with them) and what is right (let her stay with her family). i might edit this.. but this is the chapter for now :D

Found the perfect picture of how i imagine Jessie and Jeremy! That is exactly them.. now you know :D