Chapter 28: Vampires

Sophie's P.O.V:

As we took off Xanders big hand found my shaky one and gave it a gentle squeeze as to say he wasn't letting go. Jessies smooth hand grabbed the other one of mine and let her thumb caress the palm of my hand in soothing motions.

It helped, it calmed me visibly, but still i felt uneasy about all of this. Alaska. This is not some trip i take where i can come back and everything will be the same.

When i leave I can't come back, i have nothing here to come back to. My mom and sister will have moved again, but I can't blame them, they have to, with or without me. It has been like this for so long I don't even remember when it started. But we have to keep moving, we have to keep letting go of friends and so on.

Nothing in my life was normal. I didn't have a childhood as others. I never had friends, I changed school every 6 month, sometimes even less. My name changed. So many things in my life was wrong and I know that now.

I felt Xanders gaze on me as if watching me carefully, trying to figure out my next move. I know he's just concerned and that is comforting. But his caring eyes on me proves that he knows something is bothering me.

But he doesn't know anything about me, they don't know anything about me and they never will. They think they understand, but they don't. 'Don't look back, don't look back' I kept chanting in my mind, as if my words became law and i would just leave behind. I hope I will be able to someday though.

This was all about the difference to live and to be alive. That's something Emma use to say, she wants to live and not just be alive, thats what makes her my climb. She was the big sister standing up for me and doing everything in her power to protect me. She is brave, unllike me. Without her, I wouldn't have made it... so how am I going to do it now?

Looking out the window I could see the ground dissapear. The houses, trees, the roads and the sea, that all dissapeared as we made our way up towards the clouds. The pressure was high and I felt myself being pushed back in my seat as we sped off in incredible speed to make our way up.

Within minutes we were in good height and going more easy. Xander let go of my hand and unbuckled his seatbelt letting it fall beside the chair. He leaned over and unbuckled mine with steady hands. Jessie let go of me and stood up, as she stood she grabbed onto Jeremy and he gladly spun her into his arms and held her tight as he kissed her on her temple.

That love was to touch, to feel, in the air. How lucky I have been to see it, unsure of if I ever will be able, or more importantly, willing to let it in.

Jessie leaned her head up and kissed him fully on his lips, he pulled her closer and closed his eyes as their lip danced together with such love and tender. My eyes were glued to the scene in front of me.

I felt Xander lift me onto his lap sitting sideways on his lap leaning my side towards his chest. I felt his arms tighten around me and his hot breath on my hair, slowly he leaned closer and pressed his lips to my temple kissing it for a second before leaning back again pulling me even closer towards him.

I didn't take my eyes off Jessie and Jeremy, I just smiled shyly and tried hard not to blush, but i knew i already was red as a tomato as i felt the heat spread through my body. Jessie and Jeremy parted their lips and turned their heads towards me, looking at me and smiled as if they knew what I was thinking.

Jeremy let go of Jessie and walked over to me with careful steps, as he stopped in front of me, he held out his hand for me to take. Unsure of what this would lead to I hesitated at first. Our eyes met, and his eyes showed nothing but love, 'I trust him' i told myself as I placed my hand in his and felt him pull me out of Xanders safe embrace and into his own.

Jeremy moved his hands to my face and held it between his hands making me look up at him, our eyes met once again and I bit my lip nervously thinking of what he was going to do.

He closed his eyes for a second and leaned his forehead down sighed deeply. He opened his eyes and smiled down at me, without saying a word he leaned down and kissed me on the lips.

I closed my eyes trying to focus on my mouth on his, how to move and what to do. "Just relax" he guided mumbling into the kiss. I stopped moving my lip on own command and felt his on mine, when I let go, I felt the movement and i really could feel the love in the kiss. Slowly i strated moving with his lips, this time following his movements instead of making my own. I liked it.

Jeremy's lips left mine and i opened my eyes again blushing like mad. Jessie was sitting on Xander making out with him. Jeremy followed my eyes and gave me a grimace I couldn't understand.

He let an arm fall around my waist and led me towards them. As we stood in front of them Jeremy stopped and pulled me into a tight hug as if saying he refused to let me go anywhere.

Jessie and Xander pulled apart looking behind them to see us standing there, me slightly awkward, and Jeremy with a smirk on his face.

Just as Jeremy was about to open his mouth his phone called and he let go of me in a second and digged his phone out of his pocket and answered. "Hello", as he started the conversation he wrapped an arm around me gently and kissed me on the hair.

"How?" he said into the phone, Jessie's eyes only focused on Jeremy with a curious look and Xander the same. Jeremy tightened his grip around me, whatever was said on the telephone, he didn't approve of it.

"When?" he deepened, his words so short and so cold, to me they didn't make sense, but it seemed as Jessie and Xander understood as their eyes hardened on the phone showing it the same anger as Jeremy was showing in his voice.

"Find them" he hissed into the phone and hung up. His arm tighter around me than comfortable. But i didn't dare to say anything, afraid of what he would do to me. I felt safe around them, I just.. I don't know, I just feel so exposed and small and fragile around them.

"Fucking bloodsuckers" he hissed through gritted teeth still not letting go. "They lost them?" Jessie asked sounding a bit scared, scared of what? Xander gave her a reassuring smile "we will find them, I promise" he said looking up at me.

He saw the confussion in my eyes and looked very thoughtful for a minute before speaking, "vampires sweetheart, but you have nothing to fear" he enlightened me. Vampires? "they don't exist" was the only thing i could say, "sadly they do" Jeremy said from behind me, easing his grip on me.

Jeremy rubbed his hand on my stomach "nothing to worry about" he quickly added.