Chapter 42: The truth

Jeremy's P.O.V. 

Xander mindlinked me: 'Take Emma out of here'. I glared at him irritated, he just wanted me out of here, 'no way, i want to hear this as well' I responded through the link, not holding my annoyance back at his suggestion.

He ordered a guard to take Emma out of the room, the guard stepped forward and headed to the pair. They didn't seem to give in so easily, the other guards noticed and stepped in to help separate them of course without harming them.

As the guard got a good grip on Emma and separated the two, the mom screamed at the guards and hit them viciously  trying to get to her daughter. Again the question come up, how could she give up Sophie so easily?

The poor girl fought to be freed from the guards arms, but being a plain human, a teen girl at that, she didn't stand a chance. The guard was highly professional, and didn't seem affected by her hitting and kicking and simply proceeded making his way out of the room. Seeing the girl so upset, made me think of Sophie, which isn't so strange considering they are basically identical.

"You beasts, you better not harm her!" mother dearest yelled trying to get out of a guards tight hold. Xander smirked at her "so you do know what we are?" he stated in triumph, finally closer to the truth. She became dangerously quiet and just gave him a deathly glare, trying to murder her with her bare eyes. The only problem is that her eyes assembles our dear little mates, making them not so threatening as she wished them to he.

Xander moved closer to her slowly, "Your daughter is safe, all i want is answers when i have them you can see her again, the faster the better, am i understood?" he towered over her, smirking at her.

I decided to stay put and just watch in unfold, just like Xander wanted it. Even though my way would have gotten us closer to answers already. I am not so much for small talk. I glared at her mom, how can someone be so cruel. Letting go of one child and the other is her precious. How come she doesn't show any concern for Sophie?

"My questions are very simple, let's just get to the case" Xander sat down around the long meeting table, he gestured towards the seat across from him and the guards dragged the woman to it and pushed her down, staying behind her ready to prevent any stupid moves she might pull off. I walked behind Xander and stared down at the woman. Sitting across from her, or sitting with her at all was not something I wanted to at this point considering what she pulled my innocent sweet mate through.

Xander put his elbows on the surface and leaned forward towards her. "I want to know why you are running?" he demanded. The lady stayed quiet, not a squeak came from her. She was too busy glaring at us trying to murder us with her oh so dangerous glare.

Xander folded his hands together "what is your name?" he asked way too calm for my liking. How can he just chit chat with her. Vampires are after my mate, her mom abandoned my mate not caring whether or not she was in danger. My fists were folded tightly, I wanted to grab her roughly and and force answers out of her, do whatever it takes for this woman to spill.

I felt Xander trying to talk to me through mind-link, but i've had enough of his 'patience' crap! He pulled a drawer out and got out the map of the vampire files, what we also know as Sophie's past now. He closed the drawer and opened the map slowly, spreading all its consent over the table to show her. "We can protect you from them" he said looking up at her "that is if you help us".

That caught her attention, her eyes watered looking at the pictures, "Who are you?" she asked looking closely at a picture, the same picture Sophie held up presenting as her old bedroom. "You know what we are, we don't have to say more before you start explaining" Xander told her strictly.